Silverback Banana Plugs
Our most secure banana plugs
Silverback banana plugs have the quality you’ve come to expect from Sewell, including gold plated connectors and a heavy-duty casing. What sets these banana plugs apart is the unique dual-screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single-screw or open-screw design. Dual-screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and a clear signal transmission through the added contact. Silverback Banana Plugs accommodate up to 10 AWG speaker wire.
How to Install Silverback Banana Plugs:
Why Banana Plugs?
This banana plug interface is found on audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more. Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into your equipment. Bare wire connections tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes, are prone to corrosion, and are a hassle to insert onto the equipment. Banana plugs offer a quick and secure connection that is both reliable and makes future changes painless.
Mfg. Part Number
- SW-29751-12 - 12 pack (24 plugs)
- SW-29751-6 - 6 pack (12 plugs)
- SW-29751 - Individual pair (2 plugs)
- Silverback™ by Sewell
- 24K Gold Plating for Durability and Maximum Signal Transfer
- Connectors are made with solid brass
- Double Screws to Secure Speaker Wire
- Maximum accepted AWG: 10 AWG (12 AWG recommended)
- Maximum Jacket OD: 8.5mm (5/16th in)
- Total Length: 1 3/4in (45mm)
- Plug Length 0.75in (19.5mm)
- Plug diameter: 0.13-0.18in (3.4-4.7mm)
- Outside Diameter (sleeve): 0.4in (10.5mm)
- Inside Diameter (sleve): 0.34in (8.5mm)
- Sleeve lenght: 1in (25.5mm)
- Outside Diameter (connector): 0.3in (7.7mm)
- Inside Diameter (connector): 0.17in (4.4mm)
- Connector depth 0.59in (15mm)
We wanted to see how much weight a Silverback Banana Plug could hold. Watch this video to see the results.
These were shipped quickly and are great banana plugs. There is a small rubber gasket that helps keep the sheath screwed on. My only complaint is that the screw driver that comes with them is too big to effectively use. I had to use a small screwdriver that I already owned. Otherwise they're perfect.
Haven't had a chance to use, but the speaker wire and banana clips look like they are going to be perfect
Very good company, product is great and will recommend for sure
Ordered these directly from Sewell and received them quickly. The plugs weren't perfectly and made a tight connection to my 10 gauge wire. I like how the sleeve doesn't have to be put on the wire first. The set screws are small flat head screws. It would be easier to tighten if they were hex. Very satisfied with this purchase.
Best banana plugs I have ever used, easy to put together and plugs in tight to the receiver