Our most secure banana plugs
The dual-screw lock design on the Silverback plugs holds your speaker wire tightly and securely without soldering, and without sacrificing strength or connection quality.
- 24K Gold plating
- Solid brass banana plug tip and housing
- Aluminium outer sleeve (with brass threaded insert)
- Non-conductive clear coating on the aluminum sleeves
- Anti-vibration O-ring
- Dual setscrews from opposing sides maximize the wire holding power
- Slim and lightweight, Silverback plugs won't overbear your cables
- Small flat-head screwdriver included with all 6 and 12 packs
- O-ring to keep the outer sleeve secure during transport and from speaker vibration
- Non-conductive coating prevents accidental shorts
- Aluminum outer sleeve is designed to be installed after your cable is terminated and tested
Silverback banana plugs have the quality you’ve come to expect from Sewell, including gold plated connectors and a heavy-duty casing. What sets these banana plugs apart is the unique dual-screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single-screw or open-screw design. Dual-screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and a clear signal transmission through the added contact. Silverback Banana Plugs accommodate up to 10 AWG speaker wire.
Why Banana Plugs?
This banana plug interface is found on audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more. Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into your equipment. Bare wire connections tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes, are prone to corrosion, and are a hassle to insert onto the equipment. Banana plugs offer a quick and secure connection that is both reliable and makes future changes painless.
Mfg. Part Number
- SW-29751-12 - 12 pack (24 plugs)
- SW-29751-6 - 6 pack (12 plugs)
- SW-29751 - Individual pair (2 plugs)
- Silverback™ by Sewell
- 24K Gold Plating for Durability and Maximum Signal Transfer
- Connectors are made with solid brass
- Double Screws to Secure Speaker Wire
- Maximum accepted AWG: 10 AWG (12 AWG recommended)
- Maximum Jacket OD: 8.5mm (5/16th in)
- Total Length: 1 3/4in (45mm)
- Plug Length 0.75in (19.5mm)
- Plug diameter: 0.13-0.18in (3.4-4.7mm)
- Outside Diameter (sleeve): 0.4in (10.5mm)
- Inside Diameter (sleve): 0.34in (8.5mm)
- Sleeve lenght: 1in (25.5mm)
- Outside Diameter (connector): 0.3in (7.7mm)
- Inside Diameter (connector): 0.17in (4.4mm)
- Connector depth 0.59in (15mm)
How to Install Silverback Banana Plugs:
- Unscrew the jacket to reveal the core of the Silverback Banana Plug.
- Loosen the two small screws to accomodate the size of your speaker wire.
- Feed the speaker wire into the core of the banana plug.
- Tighten the screws to secure the speaker wire.
- Replace the jacket over the core.
- All in all, you should only need 30 seconds for this entire operation.
- We wanted to see how much weight a Silverback Banana Plug could hold. Watch this video to see the results.