Silverback banana plugs have the quality you’ve come to expect from Sewell, including gold plated connectors and a heavy-duty casing. What sets these banana plugs apart is the unique dual-screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single-screw or open-screw design. Dual-screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and a clear signal transmission through the added contact. Silverback Banana Plugs accomodate up to 10 AWG speaker wire.
What Are Banana Plugs?Many electronics use the banana plug interface, also known as binding post (referring to this connection in its female form). This banana plug interface is found on virtually all audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more.
Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into your equipment. Often a bare speaker connection is not as reliable as a banana plug connection. Wires tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes, and are sometimes a hassle to insert onto the equipment. Banana plugs offer a quick and secure connection.
Mfg. Part Number
- Silverback™ by Sewell
- 24K Gold Plating for Durability and Maximum Signal Transfer
- Connectors are made with Pure Copper
- Double Screws to Secure Speaker Wire
- Maximum accepted AWG: 12 AWG
How to Install Silverback Banana Plugs:
- Unscrew the jacket to reveal the core of the Silverback Banana Plug.
- Loosen the two small screws to accomodate the size of your speaker wire.
- Feed the speaker wire into the core of the banana plug.
- Tighten the screws to secure the speaker wire.
- Replace the jacket over the core.
- All in all, you should only need 30 seconds for this entire operation.
- We wanted to see how much weight a Silverback Banana Plug could hold. Watch this video to see the results.