Our most secure banana plugs
Silverback banana plugs have the quality you’ve come to expect from Sewell, including gold plated connectors and a heavy-duty casing. What sets these banana plugs apart is the unique dual-screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single-screw or open-screw design. Dual-screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and a clear signal transmission through the added contact. Silverback Banana Plugs accommodate up to 10 AWG speaker wire.
Easy to install:
- Unscrew the casing to reveal the inner barrel.
- Loosen the two small screws to make room for your speaker wire.
- Slide the casing down the speaker wire before terminating the wire to the inner barrel.
- Feed the speaker wire into the inner barrel of the banana plug.
- Tighten the screws to secure the speaker wire.
- Screw the outer casing back over the inner barrel.
- 24K Gold plating
- Solid brass banana plug tip and housing
- Aluminum outer sleeve (with brass threaded insert)
- Non-conductive clear coating on the aluminum sleeves
- Mini Screwdriver included on the 6 and 12-packs
Straight vs Right-Angle
Both options are great depending on your setup and how close to the wall you need your speakers to be.
Why Banana Plugs?
This banana plug interface is found on audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more. Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into your equipment. Bare wire connections tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes, are prone to corrosion, and are a hassle to insert onto the equipment. Banana plugs offer a quick and secure connection that is both reliable and makes future changes painless.
- 24K Gold Plating for Durability and Maximum Signal Transfer
- Connectors are made with solid brass
- Double Screws to Secure Speaker Wire
- Maximum accepted AWG: 10 AWG (12 AWG recommended)
- Maximum Jacket OD: 8.5mm (5/16th in)
- Right Angle connectors to reduce strain on cables.
- Total Length: 1 3/4in (45mm)
- Plug Length 0.75in (19.5mm)
- Plug diameter: 0.13-0.18in (3.4-4.7mm)
- Outside Diameter (sleeve): 0.4in (10.5mm)
- Inside Diameter (sleve): 0.34in (8.5mm)
- Sleeve lenght: 1in (25.5mm)
- Outside Diameter (connector): 0.3in (7.7mm)
- Inside Diameter (connector): 0.17in (4.4mm)
- Connector depth 0.59in (15mm)
We wanted to see how much weight a Silverback Banana Plug could hold. Watch this video to see the results.
Like I said up there
I happen to be using 2 x 14 gauge wires when the ends are twisted together they will not go into the plug.
We're sorry our banana plugs don't work for your setup! Feel free to contact technical support if you wish to troubleshoot this or contact customer service if you would rather have a return set up.
Overall these work as advertised and are nicely flush with the surface, thereby limiting visibility of the speaker wires. However two of the 12 plugs (6 pairs) were 'stuck', meaning one or both of the little screws used to tighten up on the inserted speaker wires were too loose and sticking out just enough so that I could not screw off the end piece to access the wire insertion slot. Good thing I only needed 8 pieces (4 pairs). Otherwise, I like them and they're a good price.
1) The plugs themselves are very well made.
2) Installation of wires is easy.
3) Packaging for product is excellent.
1) If the product (plugs) are not placed in the packaging properly, it really mucks up the plugs. I ordered 12 pair of plugs. They arrived in two layers of packaging. The top row of 6 pairs were all inserted correctly in the packaging and all worked perfectly. The bottom layer of plugs, however, were all loose and were bounced and banged around throughout the shipping and handling process. This made the screws come loose inside the barrels making them almost impossible to separate the plugs from the barrels to install the wires. With a ludicrous amount of work, I was able to manipulate the barrels off the plugs in two of the plugs, but the other three….forget it.
That’s it, the only negative it have. I still like this Sewell product and would buy again. I would just order extra in case this is normal waste for these plugs.
The regular non right angle connectors work with the 10 AWG wire. But the right angle connectors do not. You can't screw in the set screws far enough. I used a better flat head screwdriver than the provided one. And you just couldn't get it screwed in enough to install the silver covers. I ended up trimming off some of the strands reducing the guage until it would fit. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting heavy 10AWG wires. If it worked as advertised I would give five stars.
We're sorry those didn't work with your wire gauge! We will have our product team update our info. If you are interested in returning them, just let us know.