This adapter is the easiest way to add a serial port to your computer.
The cable is two feet long. If you are looking for a longer USB to Serial adapter add a USB extension cable or a standard serial cable to your order. If you don't want any attached cable, check out the Plug-in version.
The adapter works with 9-pin serial devices. Click here if you need a 25-pin adapter.
If you need a USB to DB9 Female, you can change the serial end with a Female to Female gender changer
Need a manual serial switch?
Get a USB to Serial adapter with standard thumbscrew connectors so you can make sure you have a secure connection that won't accidentally come apart.
Mfg. Part Number
- Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista 32, Vista 64, 7, 8 & 10 (with latest driver download)
- Mac OS X
- Pentium 233 MHz or faster
- 64 MB RAM or more
- Available USB Port
- USB Type A Male
- 9-pin Serial Male
- 2 feet
- Bus Powered (no external power required)
Other Technical Info
- Supports RS232 serial interface
- USB 1.1 compliant
- Works with USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 ports (runs at USB 2.0 speeds on 3.0 ports)
- USB suspend condition
- Supports 500 Kbps transfer rate
- Advanced 16 Bit processor for USB transaction and control data processing
- PL 2303HX Chipset
- USB to Serial adapter
- Windows Driver - version 1.8 for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Mac OSX Driver
- Old Windows Driver - Previous driver compatible up to Win 8
- SW-1301 User Manual (PDF)
We've used these converters with our equipment that does not have a USB option for several years now. They've always been more reliable than the others that are available.
Fits and works perfectly.
Easy company to do business with...parts delivered as promised. Thank you!
Pros: Cons: Other:
Pros: It works.Cons: None.Other: Plugged it into my HP Windows 10 computer that loaded a driver, told me it was COM4, and has worked fine ever since. Appears well made.