Silverback Flex Pin Connectors, For Spring-Loaded Inputs
The dual-screw lock design on the Silverback plugs holds your speaker wire tightly and securely without soldering, and without sacrificing strength or connection quality.
- 16AWG copper braiding, soldered and gold plated with 24K gold
- 24K Gold plated brass connector
- Aluminium outer sleeve (with brass threaded insert)
- Non-conductive clear coating on the aluminum sleeves
- Dual setscrews from opposing sides maximize the wire holding power
- Slim and lightweight, Silverback plugs won't overbear your cables
- Non-conductive coating prevents accidental shorts
- Aluminum outer sleeve is designed to be installed after your cable is terminated and tested
Sewell Silverback Flex Connectors
The Silverback Flex Pins are for inputs that are spring-loaded or simply accept a wire-only connection. The Silverback Flex Pins marry the beautiful and sturdy design of the Silverback Banana plug, with the need for wire connection. We’ve developed a special non-conductive coating for our aluminum casing on the Silverback, which will protect the plugs from electrical conductivity, with no worries of shorting your speakers.
Silverback connectors have the quality you’ve come to expect from Sewell, including gold plated connectors and a heavy-duty casing. What sets Silverbacks apart is the unique dual-screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single-screw or open-screw design. Dual-screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and a clear signal transmission through the added contact. Silverback Flex Pin connectors accommodate up to 10 AWG speaker wire.
Bare wire connections tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes, are prone to corrosion. The Flex Pin connections solve these problems with a connector that is corrosion resistant and won't fray or break.
How to Install Silverback Flex Pin Connectors
- Unscrew the jacket to reveal the brass core of the connector
- Back out the 2 small setscrews and feed the bare conductor of the speaker wire into the core of the connector
- Tighten the 2 screws to secure the speaker wire to the core of the Silverback connector.
- Replace the jacket over the core.
- Insert the gold plated braiding into your spring lock or bare wire connection
All in all you should only need 30 seconds for this entire operation.
Mfg. Part Number
- SW-30006-12 - 12 pack (24 connectors)
- SW-30006-6 - 6 pack (12 connectors)
- Silverback™ by Sewell
- Flex pin style connector
- 16AWG gold plated copper braiding
- 24K gold plating for durability and maximum signal transfer
- Connectors are made of gold plated solid brass
- Double Screws to Secure Speaker Wire
- Accepts wire size up to 10 AWG (12AWG recommended)
- For use in any system with wire-only input