Control all of your home theater video sources (Blu-Ray player, Cable box, TiVo, and anything else that uses a standard IR remote control) from behind walls or closets by extending the IR signal with this kit.
How this works
This kit comes with an IR Receiver, and an IR Emitter. Simply point your remote control at the Receiver, and it will send the signal wirelessly to the Emitter which will then transmit that signal to the devices you wish to control.
It can be combined with other BlastIR Wireless Kits to be used as an "All-to-All" setup, or to create "zones" and only control specific devices.
The BlastIR Wireless Pro supports up to 10 zones with independent sending/receiving frequencies. (kind of like different channels on a walkie-talkie). You can change the zone by using a very small rotating switch located at the bottom of the receiver and emitter pucks. The Receivers will only communicate with the Emitters that are set to the same zone.
You can also purchase extra Emitters, or Receivers individually if you do not need an extra full pair.
See how your feedback has improved this product
7/28/17 Increased compatibility with Dish and Cisco boxes
Many people use the BlastIR Wireless with their current cable box. Every time we hear a report about a cable box (or any other device) not working with the BlastIR Wireless, we get to work on making the device compatible. This update helps those with a Dish or Cisco box.
6/1/18 Increased compatibility with Explorer, Spectrum, and Samsung boxes
Further widening the range of compatibility of the BlastIR Wireless. This update helps those with Explorer, Spectrum, or Samsung boxes.
6/1/18 Increased font size in manual
We found that the text size in the manual was simply too small. It has been enlarged throughout the manual to better use the space and make it easier to read.
8/30/18 Included magnet feet
With the release of our new Magnet Feet, we have decided to include two in every BlastIR Wireless box. A magnet foot is simply an adhesive rubber "dot" with a magnet embedded inside. After placed on the bottom of the BlastIR Wireless "puck" you can place it on metal surfaces such as the back of your TV or the TV mount itself. This could also keep the unit in place in your equipment cabinet or rack. We have also included a page in the manual to describe this.
- SW-32988 Kit
- SW-32988-RX Receiver Only
- SW-32988-TX Emitter Only
- SW-32988-X Transceiver
- Wireless Distance: 200m (650 ft.), distance may vary due to obstacles
- IR Receiver Distance: 7m (30 ft.)
- IR Frequency: 20-60Khz
- RF Frequency: 915 Mhz
- Wirelessly communicates in the 915-917 MHz band
- Power: 5V/0.5A
- Optional Cables Included: 3 ft. receiver cable and 10 foot. dual head emitter cable
- Blu-Ray Players (Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Yamaha)
- Cable and DVR Boxes (U-Verse, Dish VIP, Fios, Xfinity, DirecTV, Motorola, Cisco, Optimum, TIVO)
- AV Receivers (Denon, Sony, Onkyo, Yamaha, Samsung, Bose, LG, Marantz)
- Logitech Harmony Hub and Universal Remotes
- Anything else that requires an IR signal! If your device does not work, let us know which device and we will pay for any return shipping
- Yamaha HTR 6140
- Arris DCX 3520E-M
- OSD ATM-7 Speaker Selector
Each unit comes with the appropriate IR cables, power supply, and mounting accessories.
If you already have a BlastIR Wireless PRO and need help setting it up, watch this video. Also, feel free to call us at (800) 709-1345 and we'll help you set it up over the phone.