BlastIR-Link, Bi-directional IR extender over Cat5e/6
The BlastIR-Link allows you to extend your IR signals up to 980 feet using a single Cat5e/6 network cable. Each unit is bi-directional so they can both act as a sender or receiver.
How This Works
This kit comes as a pair, with one sender unit and one receiver unit.
- Connect the sender and receiver together with a Cat5e/6 cable.
- Connect the IR receivers and emitters to each unit.
- Plug in the included power supply on either unit.
- (2) BlastIR-Link Extenders
- (1) DC 12V .2A Power Supply
- (2) Dual Headed IR Emitters
- (2) IR Receiver
- Bi-directional, either side can pick up or emit IR signals
- Power over Cable, only one extender needs to be powered
- Distance: 980ft of Cat5e/6 cable
- Receiver Frequency: 30 kHz to 60 kHz
- Emitter Frequency: 38 kHz and 56 kHz
- Range: 40ft at 38 kHz, 25ft at 56 kHz
- Receiver and Emitter Cable Length: 10ft
Pros: Worked as expected.Cons: Other:
Pros: small enclosure is easy to hideCons: -Does not work with my cable/dvr box. Very slow response then periods of no response - does not come with instructions Other: works great with my dvd player and Roku box, but its a different story with my cable dvr box. tried repositioning the transmitters several time to get better performance but the response time is significantly delayed and there are times where the cable box never responds. I even changed the cat5e cable out with a new cat6 to rule out the cable being in the issue. Ended up giving up on the cable/dvr box and it's back to sitting on the floor below the wall mounted tv.
Pros: Works perfectly, light on IR receiver is great feedback, nice having 2 IR out ports on receiver, power over Ethernet in great.Cons: Other:
Pros: Easy to install, easy to use, worked the 1st time, Bi-directional power is a plusCons: NoneOther: I have used other brands to extend my IR signals over the years. This product is BY FAR superior to any I have used in the past.
Pros: Easy setup, works wellCons: Positioning IR receivers and emitters to not interfere with others Other: