The Sewell InjectIR extends the signal from your remote controls (for Blu-Rays, DVRs, set-top boxes, etc.) by sending the remote control's IR (infrared) signal over your HDTV's existing HDMI cable.
IR signal from most remote controllers require "Line-of-Sight" to transmit the signal from the remote to the device. Because of this, when you install your HDTV on a wall, or when you wish to hide your video devices in a media closet or another room, you break that line-of-sight from your remote to the device.
The InjectIR by Sewell is the most reliable and easiest-to-install solution on the market. Unlike other wired solutions, you don't have to run an additional cable through the wall, you simply "Inject" the IR signal into the existing HDMI line.
How This Works
The InjectIR uses the unused CEC channel of your HDMI cable to send the IR signal through it (CEC channel is used only for certain HDTVs that can send control commands to your video sources, so if you use CEC, you don't need to extend your remote controls).
60 Second Install
Installing the Sewell InjectIR only takes a minute and doesn't require any drilling or cutting into your walls. The kit includes 2 InjectIR dongles that can act as either "Transmitter" or "Receiver". Each dongle has a 3.5mm port that accepts either the included IR receiver, or Emitter cable.
- Simply connect one of the InjectIR dongles directly into your TV's HDMI port.
- Connect the existing HDMI cable into the dongle's female HDMI port.
- Connect the "IR Receiver" cable into the dongle's 3.5mm port, and place the IR sensor
- Plug in the second dongle into your video source's HDMI port.
- Connect the other end of the existing HDMI cable into this dongle's female HDMI port.
- Plug in the IR emitter Cables into this dongle's 3.5mm port and aim the IR emitters towards the devices you are trying to control.
Note: This product does not work with an HDMI Splitter.
- This product is NOT compatible with the following models of the AT&T U-verse cable box:
- Cisco Explorer 4642HDC, IPN 4320, IPN 330HD and the Motorola VIP series. As well as regional providers using the Cisco ISB7150/7105. There are other models of the U-verse that are also likely incompatible with the InjectIR.
- HDMI Female to Male Adapter
- Dual Band
- Will work with dual band devices
- With IR plug
- 33khz - 60khz Band (Dual Band Emitter)
- 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4K
- HDMI 2.0
- Gold Plated
- Accurate and reliable reproduction of digital video signal, with no signal attenuation or distortion
- Transport both audio and video signals
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant
- Utilizes built in CEC channel
- Fully molded and compact size
- RX/TX cables are 5 feet long
- 1 - IR Receiver
- 1 - IR Emitter
- 2 - HDMI Adapter
- 1 - QuickStart Guide
Why you need an IR Repeater
Troubleshooting IR Repeaters
InjectIR Pro, Dual Band IR over HDMI for Remote Controls
Works great. I have a 20 Ft. hdmi cable that is burried in a soffit on the wall. It saved me a lot of time and work. Well worth the cost
We're sorry our product isn't working for you! Feel free to reach out to our customer service department to set up a return if you haven't already.
Works great, and an extremely easy set up!!
Worked perfect. Plugged it in and started using it. Really didn’t want hassle of programming an RF remote. I had already ran the hdmi cable to the other room with the cable box…and didn’t want to run another cable…so this was the perfect solution