Our most secure banana plugs
Silverback banana plugs have the quality you’ve come to expect from Sewell, including gold plated connectors and a heavy-duty casing. What sets these banana plugs apart is the unique dual-screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single-screw or open-screw design. Dual-screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and a clear signal transmission through the added contact. Silverback Banana Plugs accommodate up to 10 AWG speaker wire.
How to Install Silverback Banana Plugs:
- Unscrew the jacket to reveal the core of the Silverback Banana Plug.
- Loosen the two small screws to accomodate the size of your speaker wire.
- Feed the speaker wire into the core of the banana plug.
- Tighten the screws to secure the speaker wire.
- Replace the jacket over the core.
Why Banana Plugs?
This banana plug interface is found on audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more. Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into your equipment. Bare wire connections tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes, are prone to corrosion, and are a hassle to insert onto the equipment. Banana plugs offer a quick and secure connection that is both reliable and makes future changes painless.
- 24K Gold plating
- Solid brass banana plug tip and housing
- Aluminium outer sleeve (with brass threaded insert)
- Non-conductive clear coating on the aluminum sleeves
- Mini Screwdriver included on the 6 and 12-packs
Mfg. Part Number
- SW-29751-12 - 12 pack (24 plugs)
- SW-29751-6 - 6 pack (12 plugs)
- SW-29751 - Individual pair (2 plugs)
- Silverback™ by Sewell
- 24K Gold Plating for Durability and Maximum Signal Transfer
- Connectors are made with solid brass
- Double Screws to Secure Speaker Wire
- Maximum accepted AWG: 10 AWG (12 AWG recommended)
- Maximum Jacket OD: 8.5mm (5/16th in)
- Total Length: 1 3/4in (45mm)
- Plug Length 0.75in (19.5mm)
- Plug diameter: 0.13-0.18in (3.4-4.7mm)
- Outside Diameter (sleeve): 0.4in (10.5mm)
- Inside Diameter (sleve): 0.34in (8.5mm)
- Sleeve lenght: 1in (25.5mm)
- Outside Diameter (connector): 0.3in (7.7mm)
- Inside Diameter (connector): 0.17in (4.4mm)
- Connector depth 0.59in (15mm)
Excellent quality, easy to use and the transmission of sound is beautiful. Sewell Direct was responsive and shipped my order expeditiously. I highly recommend this product and Comany.
One of my plugs could not be unscrewed because it was assembled with the set screws digging into the interior of the housing. I requested a replacement which came and had the same problem. Will not be making any further attempts.
We're sorry our plugs couldn't be unscrewed! If you haven't already, let us know if you would like help setting up a return.
Very well built banana plugs, easy to connect and no soldering !
I am using these for connectors for antenna ground radials. I am hooking five 18ga stranded wires into each plug. They work great for my unique purpose.