Make speaker wires disappear right on the wall or under the carpet with Sewell Adhesive Speaker Wire. This super-flat speaker wire can be used on almost any flat surface.
Perfect for running stereo signals across rooms, around corners, in automobiles, under flooring, or any situation where wires cannot be run through walls.
White backing allows wires to be simply attached and left uncovered, or it can be easily covered with paint, spackle, or flooring making the wire virtually invisible.
For an even cleaner install, we recommend using the Ghost Wire Terminal Block to connect the Ghost Wire to your regular speaker wire.
How to Terminate Ghost Wire
- Peel back the white backing about 1” and cut it off, exposing the adhesive and conductors.
- Trim away white covering in between and at the edges of the conductors.
- Remove the white covering from the opposite side of the conductor. It does not have adhesive between the conductor, and should leave a nice clean copper surface when removed.
- Fold the conductors 2-4 times, keeping the clean copper surface outwards.
- Insert the conductors into the Terminal Block (Sold Separately) and tighten the set screws.
- Insert your standard speaker cable in the other end of the terminal block and tighten the set screw.
How to Remove Bubbles from Ghost Wire
- Install the ghost wire onto a clean surface, pulling it tight as you do.
- Use a heat gun on low or hair dryer on high to heat the area where bubbles appear
- Smooth out the bubbles by rubbing back and forth over them. Use a glove if the heat is uncomfortable.
Running Ghost Wire Around Corners
We’ve had a lot of people ask us how to make 90° turns when running it along the floor.
- Run the cable along the edge of the wall with the adhesive side facing down
- Fold the cable back so the copper strips are facing up
- Fold the cable back down at a 45° angle, making a 90° turn
Mfg. Part Number
- SW-32985-25 25 ft. 2 Conductor
- SW-32985-50 50 ft. 2 Conductor
- SW-32985-100 100 ft. 2 Conductor
- SW-32986-25 25 ft. 4 Conductor
- SW-32986-50 50 ft. 4 Conductor
- SW-32986-100 100 ft. 4 Conductor
- Ghost Wire™ by Sewell
- .375" Width (each conductor)
- 2.375" total Width
- .5 mm thick (includes peel back layer, adhesive, and conductors)
- 16 AWG (2 conductor)
- 18 AWG (4 conductor)
- Pure Copper
- 2 Conductor or 4 Conductor
- White Jacket
- Rated up to 10 Amps
- Indoor Use
- Home Theater Surround Sound Speaker Wiring
- Low Voltage Stage Lighting
- 12 Volt Cabinet Lighting
- Security Access Control Wiring
We are having Harwood flooring installed in our new home and I want to be prepared when my wonderful wife decides she wants to move the furniture. Since I purchased our home theater system before they had bluetooth speakers, I needed to find a way to hide the speaker wires without causing a tripping hazard. The contractor will be pulling up the old carpet next week and I will be there to prep and lay down the flat speaker wire for multiple speaker locations. So when we move the furniture around, the speaker wire will be waiting!!! Thank you!!! Very clean look and easy to work with. I will opt to mount the connectors to the wall to ensure stability over time.
Wishing it was actually white, not “masking tape off-white”. Also, possibly a gauge or actual measurement of what to trim off.
Highly recommended if you can’t drill. Easy install. Kind of challenging to cut around the wire termination area but it’s worth it.
Quality looks great, however it was just too wide for my application, if it was around 1 1/2” it would have been perfect.
Ghost Wire 2.0, Super Flat Adhesive Wire, 16 AWG (2 conductor) or 18 AWG (4 conductor), White