Kvaser PCIEcan HS v2 is a highly integrated, high speed controller area network (CAN) card that adds a single high speed (ISO 11898-2) CAN channel to any standard computer board with PCI Express capability. At 86 x 69 mm, this has a smaller form factor and lower profile than the Kvaser PCIEcan HS.
Offering silent mode, error frame detection/generation and an on-board buffer, this add-on board fits many embedded data acquisition systems and is CAN FD compliant.
- Standard (PCIe-x1) PCI Express interface.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2) up to 1Mbit/s.
- Supports CAN 2.0 A and 2.0 B (active).
- Supports CAN FD up to 8Mbit/s (with proper physical layer implementation).
- Low profile card allows ultra-compact systems.
- Includes low and high profile brackets.
- Implements Kvaser’s CAN IP in an FPGA, resulting in high max message rate.
- Yellow LED indicates when a CAN message was received or sent.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, Java, Python and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
- Supports silent mode for analysis tools – listens to the bus without interfering.
- Detection and generation of error frames and remote frames.
- Designed for standard and industrial computers.
- Galvanically isolated CAN bus drivers.
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85°C.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 50-1000 kbps
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 1
- Connectors: DSUB 9
- Current Consumption: Typically 700 mW idle plus max 150 mW per channel, i.e. max 850 mW for a single channel interface. Only uses 3.3 V.
- Error Counters Reading: Yes
- Error Frame Generation: Yes
- Galvanic Isolation: Yes
- Height: 20 mm
- Interfaces: PCI Express
- Length: 86 mm
- Messages Per Second Receive: 20,000 mps
- Messages Per Second Sending: 20,000 mps
- OS: Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent Mode: Yes
- Sound: No
- Temp Range: -40 to 85 °C
- Timestamp Resolution: 1 µs
- Weight: 48 g