Measuring 30 x 51mm, the Kvaser Mini PCI Express 2xHS is a highly integrated CAN (controller area network) add-on board that adds two high speed CAN channels to any standard computer board with mini PCI Express capability. Offering silent mode, error frame detection, and an onboard buffer, the small form factor board fits any embedded data acquisition systems but is particularly suitable for fleet management to monitor key parameters such as fuel economy, engine speed, braking and accelerator pressure, and gearshift patterns.
- Supports a bit rate from 40 to 1000 kbit/s and a CAN transfer rate up to 20000 messages/s.
- Timestamp accuracy is 25 µs.
- Low profile connector complies with the mini PCI Express standard, which connects via a cable to a DSUB (or other types) at the computer housing.
- A 7 pin Molex connector provides dual CAN channel access.
- Complies with EN 61000-6-2:2005, specifying EMC immunity for industrial environments.
- Operates over the industrial temperature range of -40 to +85°C.
- Kvaser’s free of charge CANLIB SDK can be used to develop software for the Mini PCI Express HS board.
- Support for Linux, in the form of drivers and a dedicated SDK, are available as a separate download.
- Support for SocketCAN, see elinux.org for details.
- Includes Molex to DSUB9 cable adapter.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 40-1000 kbps
- Buffers: Auto RX Buffers, Auto TX Buffers, On Board Buffer
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 2
- Connectors: Molex 53780 PanelMate TM
- Current Consumption: Typical 280mA
- Error Counters Reading: No
- Error Frame Generation: No
- Galvanic Isolation: Yes
- Height: 5 mm
- Interfaces: Mini PCI Express
- Length: 51 mm
- Messages Per Second Receive: 20,000 mps
- Messages Per Second Sending: 18,000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent Mode: Yes
- Sound: No
- Temperature Range: -40 to 85 °C
- Timestamp Resolution: 25 µs
- Weight: 6 g