Kvaser BlackBird v2 is a high performance wireless (WLAN) communication link for the High Speed CAN bus. A more powerful and versatile solution than Kvaser's original BlackBird, version 2 incorporates a new radio chip with up to 75% better range.
The BlackBird v2's ability to leverage existing wireless infrastructure makes it ideal for replacing cumbersome cable, accessing hard-to-reach CAN networks or for monitoring a CANbus while in motion.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g/n.
- IP65-rated for protection against water and dust.
- Responds to increased market demand for iOS and Android API with a “device agnostic” HTTP-based REST API (more info on REST >>)
- Up to 75% increased range.
- Works in AdHoc and Infrastructure mode.
- Lightweight but highly rugged aluminum housing.
- Polyurethane cabling suitable for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a standard D-SUB connector.
- Configured via USB connection.
- Can be used as a wired interface.
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 - 40 V DC).
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25 microsecond.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2).
- Supports 11-bit and 29-bit identifiers.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 40-1000 kbps
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 1
- Connectors: DSUB 9
- Current Consumption: Typical values are: 370mA if powered from the USB (-5 V). 4.2W for single channel powered from the CAN bus.
- Error Counters Reading: Yes
- Error Frame Generation: Yes
- Galvanic Isolation: Yes
- Height: 20 mm
- Interfaces: WiFi
- Length: 170 mm
- Material: Aluminum
- Messages Per Second Receive: 15,000 mps
- Messages Per Second Sending: 15,000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent Mode: Yes
- Sound: No
- Temp Range: -20 to 70 °C
- Timestamp R: 25 µs
- Weight: 200 g