The Kvaser Memorator Light is a preconfigured data logger designed for troubleshooting any CAN-based (controller area network) system. The Memorator Light is an easy-to-use tool for logging serial data, with no software setup required. With an autobaud function that determines CAN bus bit rate, the Memorator Light can be attached to any high-speed CAN bus without configuration. All CAN bus traffic is logged in a circular buffer, overwriting the oldest data when the buffer becomes full. A separate circular buffer keeps track of error frame conditions and the message traffic that occurs near the conditions.
- Single high-speed CAN channel (compliant with ISO 11898-2).
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Auto detects bit rate - removes the need for configuration.
- Always in silent mode - log bus traffic without interfering.
- 1 GByte of internal memory for message storage.
- All received CAN frames are recorded in a circular buffer - oldest data is overwritten by the newest.
- A second circular buffer records 1000 messages before and after an error frame occurs.
- The Kvaser Memorator Light extraction software provides easy access to the recorded data when connected to the device via a USB port. The tool supports multiple formats used by popular analysis software. In addition, the extraction software allows the user to clear and reinitialize the device's memory.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 10-1000 kbps
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 1
- Connectors: DSUB 9
- Current Consumption: “~5 V and 130mA if powered from the USB and ~850mW if powered from the CAN bus.”
- Error Counters Reading: No
- Error Frame Generation: No
- Galvanic Isolation: No
- Height: 22 mm
- Interfaces: USB
- Internal Memory: 1 GB
- Length: 115 mm
- Material: PC-ABS
- Max Card Size: 64+ GB
- Messages Per Second Receive: 6,000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent Mode: Yes
- Sound: No
- Temperature Range: -40 to 85 °C
- Timestamp Resolution: 2 µs
- Weight: 150 g