Epiphan Pearl 2 Video Production System
Simplify your live video production
Epiphan Pearl-2™ is the easiest way to do *4K live streaming, switching and recording.
Reliable, simple live streaming with Pearl-2’s integrated live video production workflow. Manage your streaming, recording and live switching in one place with this all in one video encoder and video production system.
Capture 6 video sources at once
Pearl-2 works with video sources from SD to 4K. Connect up to six sources at once to encode and stream one *4K Ultra HD program or up to six 1080p Full HD programs. Use any combination of your video sources connected to the HDMI, 4K HDMI, 12G SDI, or USB video input ports, or from IP cameras over your network.
Stunning 4K video
Harness the power of Pearl-2’s 6th generation Intel i7 processor to capture stunning *4K video at 30 fps. Pearl-2’s hardware-accelerated encoder provides flawless H.264 encoding for maximum compatibility and performance with any video portal or player.
NEW! Remote login
Login to your Pearl-2 from anywhere using a secure Internet connection. Take fast-action control of Pearl-2 for remote rescue troubleshooting, support technicians in the field, control recording, switching, and more using secure remote login.
Stream to viewers everywhere
Simultaneously live stream to YouTube, Facebook and any other CDN or video portal. At the same time, use the built-in streaming server to stream locally to web browsers, smart TVs and set-top boxes.
Switch video sources live
Use the touch screen or Epiphan Live to preview and change the live content in your video programs. See changes immediately in your live video stream and on displays connected to Pearl-2’s 4K HDMI video output ports.
Monitoring and switching made easy
Simple to use monitoring and live switching between sources or layouts using Epiphan Live, a control interface designed for touch screen devices. Control your streaming and recording from any mobile device or computer on your local network.
Keep your recordings safe
Hold hundreds of hours of HD recordings on the 512 GB solid state hard-drive. Configure automatic file transfer to a local USB drive with USB 3.0 file transfer speed or to networked storage to ensure your files are always protected.
Single person operation
Control and monitor your live video production with Pearl-2’s touch screen. With a touch of the finger, turn on streaming, recording or switch the layout in the live stream. Connect your headphones and monitor audio using the front-mounted 3.5 mm audio jack and on-screen VU meter.
Plug and play, or tweak to perfection
Let Pearl-2 set everything for you automatically or use the web-based Admin panel to configure bitrate, frame size, layouts and more!
Output video to local displays
Show content to front of house or send it to a larger confidence monitor with Pearl-2’s two 4K HDMI video output ports. Configure to share any input source or switched program output.Let Pearl-2 set everything for you automatically or use the web-based Admin panel to configure bitrate, frame size, layouts and more!
Use Pearl-2’s built-in streaming server to share via unicast or multicast stream to up to 50 viewers with popular streaming protocols such as HTTP, HLS, FLV, ASF, UPnP and SAP.
Stream to CDNs
Publish your live video stream to a large audience using an enterprise streaming server or CDN using RTMP or RTSP. Supported CDNs including Facebook Live, Youtube, Wowza, Livestream, Akamai, Ustream and others.
Capture ISOs in full detail
Stream your final program output, in any desired resolution, while also recording high quality ISOs for post-processing.
Pearl-2 integrates easily with content management systems (CMS) and with learning management systems (LMS) such as Blackboard, Kaltura, Mediasite and Moodle. Our customers love Pearl-2 because it works with the systems you already have in place.
What's in the box
Pearl-2 comes with all the cables and connectors you need to combine, encode, switch and record your 4K and HD video.
Mfg. Part Number
- Connectors:(2) 12G SDI
- (2) HDMI™ / DVI1
- (2) 4K HDMI2 / DVI1
- (2) USB video (webcameras)
- Network inputs:RTSP sources over IP (e.g. IP cameras or channels from Pearl or Pearl-2 systems)
- Resolutions: Nearly any input resolution up to 4096×2160 (including SD, 720p, 1080p, 2K, 4K UHD2 and 4K DCI)
- HD video format options: 4K HDMI2, HDMI, 3G-SDI; 6G-SDI; 12G-SDI; 4K-SDI2; HD-SDI; SD-SDI; USB video; DVI single link (through an adapter)
- Connectors (line level, accept balanced or unbalanced signals): (4) XLR: two stereo pairs left/right by default (or four mono ports)
- (1) Stereo RCA
- (2) SDI audio3
- (4) HDMI audio
- (2) USB audio
- Analog audio sensitivity: XLR Max signal: 12.3 V (RMS), (+24 dBu)
- RCA signal level: -10 dBV
- (2) Up to 4K HDMI2 out with audio for local video display or larger confidence monitoring
- Built-in display:
- Front touch screen display used for system information, confidence monitoring, simple configuration and recording control
- 3.5 mm audio: Front-mounted jack for confidence monitoring
- Front touch screen display for live switching, confidence monitoring, quick configuration, system information, recording control and streaming control
- Video codecs: H.264, Motion JPEG
- Video bit rates: 1 - 50 Mb/s
- Key frame intervals: Programmable
- Color resolution: 4:2:0
- Output frame size: Configurable up to 4096×2160
- Encoded programs: 2 simultaneous 1080p programs at 60 fps (with up to 6 full HD sources)
- 6 simultaneous 1080p programs at 30 fps (with up to 6 full HD sources)
- 1 4K2 UHD program at 30 fps (with up to four 4K sources)
- Audio codecs:
- MP3; 64-320 kbps; 22 kHz, 44 kHz, 48 kHz
- PCM; 22 kHz, 44 kHz, 48 kHz
- AAC: 64-320 kbps;16 kHz, 22 kHz, 44 kHz, 48 kHz
IP network interfaces
- Connector: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45
- Streams: MPEG-TS, FLV, and ASF
- RTSP over TCP/UDP
- Multi-Publish to Streaming Server / CDN (RTSP, RTMP)
- HLS - Native Apple HTTP stream for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Multicast streams: RTP, MPEG-TS & RTP and MPEG-TS over UDP\
- Network discovery/announce: UPnP, SAP
Video / audio recording and file management
- Internal storage4: 512 GB SSD
- Automatically removes oldest recordings from internal storage as space is required
- File maintenance through Admin panel (web interface)
- Local storage: Automatic or manual copy to local USB drives via the (3) USB 3.0 ports
- Network storage: FTP server and FTP client capabilities (automatic and manual)
- Playback and recorded formats: formats
- Download recorded videos (AVI, MOV, MP4 or MPEG-TS) using the Admin panel and playback through any compatible player
- Admin panel for full administration. On-screen display and mobile UI for confidence monitoring and simple administration and control
- Multiple user accounts/passwords
- Included API for integration into existing environments (executed via HTTP or RS-232)
- NTP, TIME (RFC 868), PTP v1 (IEEE-1588-2002 V1)
- 0.8 A, 100-240 V ac
- Pearl-2: 11.81? × 9.45? × 3.54? (300mm x 240mm x 90mm)
- Pearl-2 Rackmount: 19 ?" x 3½" x 10 ?" (485 mm x 89 mm x 276 mm) - dimensions include mounting tabs
- Pearl-2 Rackmount Twin: 19 ?" x 3½" x 10 ?" (485 mm x 89 mm x 276 mm) - dimensions include mounting tabs
- Pearl-2: 8.38 lbs (3.8 kg)
- Pearl-2 Rackmount: 12.1 lbs (5.5 kg)
- Pearl-2 Rackmount Twin: 14.6 lbs (6.6 kg)