Note: Epiphan products are subject to special return/warranty policies. See below for more details.
HD video capture made easy
Epiphan AV.io HD+™ brings USB plug-and-play convenience to your HDMI sources. You can easily capture 1080p video from any HDMI camera or device with nearly zero latency, bringing in audio through HDMI, the 3.5 mm input, or both. This card is compact and based on tough-as-nails technology that’s even been used in space, so you can confidently carry it wherever there’s video to capture.
Make video capture effortless
With AV.io HD+, capturing video from HDMI on Windows, Mac, or Linux is as easy as using a plug-and-play webcam. Just connect your device to one end of the capture card and your computer to the other, then select your device as a source in your software. That’s all there is to it – no driver installation required..
Size and scale effortlessly
There’s no need to think about video scaling or aspect ratios with this capture card. AV.io HD+ will automatically adjust your image based on the software you’re using, delivering superior video quality even when swapping between sources.
Elevate your favorite apps
You can use AV.io HD+ with any program that accepts USB as a video source. That includes video conferencing apps such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams as well as streaming software like Wirecast and OBS.
“The video captured by AV.io looks amazing… There’s virtually no input lag or latency on the video input, so it’s perfect for live streaming… However, the best part about this capture card is that it does 90% of the work for you. Whether you’re upscaling, downscaling, stretching aspect ratios, or deinterlacing, the AV.io handles all that within the hardware to make the least impact on your computer.” -EposVox, Streaming Professional
Capture great audio
With high-quality audio capture and more ways to bring audio into your projects, AV.io HD+ ensures your content will sound as great as it looks.
Bring in your audio
Capture audio directly from your HDMI source, or through the 3.5 mm input to capture from a mixer or other external source. You can even bring in audio from both inputs simultaneously.
Whisper-quiet performance makes AV.io HD+ a silent addition to your workflows, meaning it won’t add noise or distract from the task at hand.
Epiphan Products Return Policy
Epiphan products are subject to a special return policy: Frame Grabbers may be returned within a 30-day period. Returns for Epiphan products are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Epiphan products come with a 1 year “repair & return” warranty. You can extend your warranty period to 3 years with our standard Sewell Extended Warranty.
Open-box Epiphan products include a 90-day warranty through Sewell Direct. Open-box Frame Grabbers can be returned within a 30-day period.
You can rent any of our open-box Epiphan products for 33% of the RETAIL price of the product per month up to the full retail price. These products include a 90-day warranty through Sewell Direct. Sales are final for rent-to-own open-box products.
Mfg. Part Number
- AV.io HD+ ESP1815
- Interface: USB 3.0, USB 2.0
- OS Drivers: UVC and UAC device
- Dimensions: 3.54" × 2.36" × 0.91", 90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm
- Connectors: HDMI, USB 3.0 B-Type connector
- Input: HDMI (including audio), 3.5 mm analog (audio)
- Input Resolution: Up to 1920×1200
- Output Color Space: YUV 4:2:2
- Output formats: (Note: Third-party software will set frame size and frame rate.) 320×240, 640×360, 640×480, 720×480, 720×576, 768×576, 800×600, 856×480, 960×540, 1024×576, 1024×768, 1152×864, 1280×1024, 1280×720, 1280×800, 1280×960, 1360×768, 1366×768, 1440×900, 1600×1200, 1600×900, 1680×1050, 1920×1080, 1920×1200
- Frame Rates: 5 fps to 60 fps
- Capture Latency: Near-zero. However, third-party applications may add to capture delay.
- HDMI Audio (input): 16-bit and 24-bit PCM encoded audio at 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz sampling rates
- Audio Output: 16-bit 48 kHz stereo sampling rates
- LED: One LED to indicate status (power, readiness, operation in progress)
- Power consumption: Less than 200 ma
- OS Support: Windows 7 and up, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher.
- HDCP Compliance: Can’t capture from video sources protected by HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- Country of Origin: Made in North America (Canada)
- AV.io HD Video Grabber unit
- DVI to VGA cable
- DVI single link cable (3ft)
- HDMI to DVI adapter
- USB 3.0 cable (1m)
Supported Video Modes
- 640×360 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 640×480 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 848×480 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 960×540 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1024×768 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1280×720 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1280×1024 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1600×1200 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1920×1080 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1920×1200 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- Note that the third party software you’re using sets the frame size and bitrate.