Minideck USB to DVI, VGA and HDMI Display Adapter
The Sewell Minideck USB to DVI/VGA display adapter is like an external video card you connect to your system, adding an extra monitor (supporting native resolutions of screens up to 24") to your desktop through a single USB port.
Once you have multiple monitors connected to your computer system, you will be able to use them in 'extended desktop mode' which means you can use all screens like one contiguous screen, or 'mirror mode' which shows the same image on both screens at all times.
Resolution Improvements From Past Models
The main improvement from past models is its new resolution capabilities. The Minideck can support up to 1920 x 1200 (native 24" resolution), 1920 x 1080 (1080p: Full HD for HDTVs), and 2048 x 1152.
How This Works
Installation is as easy as using the included CD to install the DisplayLink driver (or downloading the driver if you have a Mac), and connecting the USB and video cables.
Every Minideck comes with a DVI to VGA adapter so you can use a VGA monitor, and a DVI to HDMI adapter so you can go straight to your HDTV with beautiful 1080p. This is possible due to the Minideck's DVI-I (Analog and Digital integrated video) output. You will also need a separate audio cable to run from your computer to your TV's RCA audio inputs if you are planning on watching a video with sound.
You can connect up to 6 Minidecks to your system to connect up to six displays to your computer. You can set screens to 'mirror mode' or 'extended desktop mode.'
Mfg. Part Number
- USB 2.0 Host Connection (Mini-B Type for Upstream Link, type-A for Downstream link)
- VGA, DVI, or HDMI Video Output Available (With Included Adapters)
- Up to 6 adapters on a PC or 4 adapters on a Mac
- Housing: Plastic
- Dimensions: 84.3 x 55 x 18.2 mm
- Minimum OS Requirements (PC): XP SP2/SP3 (32-bit only), Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Minimum OS Requirements (Mac): Mac OS 10.4 Intel Processors
- (Note: i5 and i7 Processors OS 10.6.5 recommended)
- Max Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (native 24" resolution), 2048 x 1080 (1080p: Full HD for HDTVs),
- 2048 x 1152, and all standard smaller sizes