The Hobbes LANtest is the simplest and most affordable wire-mapping device for networking cables available on the market. It’s a very practical tester that can easily read the correct and actual wiring configuration for Cat5; coaxial and modular telephone cables by comparing one transmitting end to another receiving end. Cabling faults such as open wires, shorts, mis-wiring and crossed pairs. Perform all the above tests on installed cables with the included remote terminator.
Mfg. Part Number
- Power Source:: DC 9V battery (one)
- Power Consumption:: 22mA
- Operating Temp:: 0~50 Degrees C
- Storage Temp: : -10~60 Degrees C
- Humidity: : 0 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Dimensions:: Main: 104mm x 63mm x 29mm, Remote: 104mm x 30.5mm x 29mm
- Safety Approval: : CE, RoHs Compliant
- Can test the correct pin configuration of 10Base-T 10Basc-2 Thin Ethernet cable, RJ45/RJ11 modular cables 356A, TIA-568A/568B and Token Ring cable, etc.
- Name: Easy to verify cable continuity, open, short and mis-wire
- Name: With remote kit, it can remotely test cable up to 1000 ft away either on wall plate or patch panel
- Name: Can test the grounding
- Name: Auto or manual scan for pin-out indicators
- Name: Power switch provided for saving battery power