This adapter is the easiest way to add a serial port to your computer.
The cable is two feet long. If you are looking for a longer USB to Serial adapter add a USB extension cable or a standard serial cable to your order. If you don't want any attached cable, check out the Plug-in version.
The adapter works with 9-pin serial devices. Click here if you need a 25-pin adapter.
If you need a USB to DB9 Female, you can change the serial end with a Female to Female gender changer
Need a manual serial switch?
Get a USB to Serial adapter with standard thumbscrew connectors so you can make sure you have a secure connection that won't accidentally come apart.
Mfg. Part Number
- Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista 32, Vista 64, 7, 8 & 10 (with latest driver download)
- Mac OS X
- Pentium 233 MHz or faster
- 64 MB RAM or more
- Available USB Port
- USB Type A Male
- 9-pin Serial Male
- 2 feet
- Bus Powered (no external power required)
Other Technical Info
- Supports RS232 serial interface
- USB 1.1 compliant
- Works with USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 ports (runs at USB 2.0 speeds on 3.0 ports)
- USB suspend condition
- Supports 500 Kbps transfer rate
- Advanced 16 Bit processor for USB transaction and control data processing
- PL 2303HX Chipset
- USB to Serial adapter
- Windows Driver - version 1.8 for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Mac OSX Driver
- Old Windows Driver - Previous driver compatible up to Win 8
- SW-1301 User Manual (PDF)
Fits and works perfectly.
Easy company to do business with...parts delivered as promised. Thank you!
Pros: Cons: Other:
Pros: It works.Cons: None.Other: Plugged it into my HP Windows 10 computer that loaded a driver, told me it was COM4, and has worked fine ever since. Appears well made.
Pros: Fast shippingCons: Other: Driver easy to load, quality product