HDMI to USB 4K capture card
with hardware scaling to meet your application needs at any resolution
The easiest way to capture 4K video
The plug and play Epiphan AV.io 4K™ capture card is auto-detected by Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. To capture HDMI video sources, simply connect the included cables from your video source to AV.io 4K then connect AV.io 4K to your computer via USB.
Choose your resolution
AV.io 4K captures resolutions up to 4096×2160, with 4K UHD video streaming at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps. Choose to use your video at its original resolution or let AV.io scale it for you to exactly what you need.
4K streaming anywhere, anytime
This hand-size grabber fits in any kit, or even your pocket, in a pinch. It is a USB video grabber, so its HDMI capture works perfectly up to 4K on any computer with USB 3.0.
Ultra low latency
AV.io 4K captures video and audio as it happens. Your video capture software gets the frames so fast (just 1 to 2 frames of latency), you may even find it difficult to see any lag at all.
“AV.io 4K shines in this department also, delivering near-zero lag. Having a side-by-side comparison demonstrates how lag-free the streaming functionality actually is, with the human eye you’ll struggle to identify any latency”
David Mitchelson Review on vortez.net
Crystal clear audio
AV.io 4K captures PCM audio over HDMI™ at up to 24-bit 96 kHz. The two-channel stereo audio output has automatic resampling at 48 kHz and encodes in 16-bit.
Works seamlessly with your favorite paid or free applications such as Wirecast, Skype, Adobe FMLE, QuickTime, VLC media player and Windows Camera. Save captured content and upload to video platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo and others with ease.
Tough as nails
AV.io 4K capture card is perfect for reliable and repeated long-term use. It uses the same metal exterior as all other Epiphan video grabbers, which means that you could drop it down a flight of stairs and step on it, and it would still work. The same enclosure has even been used in space!
The ultimate 4K capture card for gaming
Playstation 4 Pro™
Mfg. Part Number
Operating System Support
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher supported
- Native UVC and UAC device auto-detected by OS
- Your capture computer processor equal or superior in performance to i7 6770HQ for good 4K results
Standard and non-standard resolutions from 640×360 up to 4096×2160 (4K DCI)
- Input resolution
- USB 3.0 B-Type connector with USB 2.0 backward compatibility
- Choose from: no scaling (1:1), preserve aspect ratio scaling or aspect ratio conversion scaling
USB host controllers
- When capturing 4K resolutions we recommend using a computer with an Intel USB host controller (this is the most common type) to achieve the best results. With other USB host controllers such as ASM, AMD, VIA, Renesas, Eltron, Fresco and TI, capture will be at 96% to 79% of the expected frame rate.
HDMI Audio Input
- Up to 96 kHz sampling rates
- 16-bit 48 kHz stereo sampling rates
- Near-zero. However, third-party applications may contribute capture delay
- High-bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP) protected content cannot be captured
- LED indicates the status of the AV.io 4K
- 3.54" × 2.36" × 0.91" (90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm)