This 1x4 HDMI Splitter and Extender kit lets you split one HDMI signal to four displays using cat5e/6 cable. It allows you to extend the signal up to 160ft. (Due to interference from the environment, and the quality of cat5/6 cable used the actual distance may vary)
How it works
This kit comes with one sender unit and four receiver units.
- Simply connect one to four receiver units to the sender with Cat5e/6 cable.
- Connect your HDMI cables from the sender and receiver units to their respective display or source device.
- Plug in the included power supply to the main unit. The receivers will receive their power from the main unit using Power Over Ethernet (POE)
- Your HDMI extension is now ready.
Mfg. Part Number
- Extends HDMI
- Single Cat5e/6 per receiver
- Distance: up to 200ft with cat6, up to 150ft with cat5e
- Resolution: up to 1080p@60
- Audio: DTS-HD, Dolby-trueHD, LPCM 7.1, DTS, Dolby-AC3, DSD
- HDMI 1.4
- HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Power (Splitter): DC 5V 3A
- x1 HDMI Extender Splitter
- x4 HDMI Extender Receiver
- x1 Splitter Power Supply
We had some random Cat5 cables that it didn't like but others it was happy with. Seemed to prefer Cat6 cables. We worked around it but took some experimenting to see which it rejected. Also had some trouble with older DVI monitors. We had HDMI to DVI adapters but they still wouldn't show video. Monitors that had "native" HDMI connectors worked fine. I believe there is an EDID switch setting for DVI, but it's one setting for all four devices. I'll have to experiment to see if that makes things work on the DVI displays without disrupting the actual HDMI displays. Also had a shipping glitch where I was sent a USB to 9-pin serial cable instead of the actual HDMI Cat5 splitter. Sewell was quick to resolve and sent me the correct thing along with a shipping label to return the weird dongle.
We would love to troubleshoot with you on this. Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'd love to help in any way we can.
HD-Link HL14, 1x4 HDMI Splitter over Cat5e/6, 160ft.
Plug and play, excellent quality, only has to be powered from the transmitter!!! Love it!
Worked great and was easy to install
HD-Link HL14, 1x4 HDMI Splitter over Cat5e/6, 200ft.