The Kit: a Breakdown
The Solarpod full kit is comprised of 3 main units, and is designed to give you the flexibility to either take the Solarpod and Solarcase for lower power demands and better portability, or to take all three for a higher power option, but with extra weight and an extra storage space requirement.
The Kit has the Solarpod which is a super portable high powered battery that is charged by either the Solarcase for the 60W panel. The Solarcase has its own panel on the side for charging the Solarpod while the 60W panel will charge the Solarpod at a higher rate.
Solarpod is a beautiful charging battery that makes it simple to charge and to use. The Solarpod includes simple charging cables that conveniently hook up to the solar panel: male and female MC4 connectors. The Solarpod also offers a simple AC barrel connector for wall charging so you can get a full charge before venturing out on your journey. Solarpod uses a LiFePo4 battery.
Any Solar panel that is 12V and has MC4 connectors can be plugged into the Solarpod.
Solarpod Power Times, Endurance and Reliability
The battery can hold 240 Wh of energy (12V, 20Ah). This is not your typical cheaply made battery; you can do 1500 power cycles (1500 times of both charging and losing charge) before the battery loses about 15% of its capacity. It is also recommended that you do at least one cycle a year. Charging the Solarpod takes about 6 hours when using the 60W Foldable Solar and also takes about 6 hours when using a wall charger.
The solarcase is like a suitcase with a solar panel on the side. The solar panels are enough to produce 15W after stabilization.
60W Foldable Solar Panel
The foldable solar panel is a DC 12V solar panel and one of the most recommended accessories to go along with the Solarpod. Its monocrystalline cells make for high cell efficiency and the maximum system voltage can reach up to 1000VDC while the maximum operating voltage is 17.99. It pumps out a current of 2.3 Amps; the open circuit voltage is 21.97 while the short circuit current is 2.58 amps. The panel weighs in at 17.8 lbs (8.1 KG). Check the specs tab for more detailed specs on this panel.
How This Works
Using this kit is very easy and intuitive. Simply connect the power cables from the solar panel to the Solarpod to charge, or connect the Solarpod to a wall outlet. After about six hours, the Solarpod should be charged. You are free to go ahead and use any of the power outlets, all at once if required.
Mfg. Part Number
- Weight:4.5 kgs (9 lbs)
- Dimensions: 200 x 150 x 110 mm
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Certifications: CE
- Low voltage directive: 2006/95/EC
- Electromagnetic Compatibility directive: 2004/108/EC
- Optimal Usage Temp: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
- Solar Input: MC4 male and female connectors
- Charging port input: Mains charger
- Mains socket Output:400W, Modified-sine wave
- North American Power Output: 110V
- USB Standard Port power output: 5.0V, 0.5A (2.5W)
- Car adaptor power output: 12V
- AC wall charger charging time: 6 hours
- 60W foldable panel charging time: 6 hours
- Shelf Life: Charge every 12 months
- Battery Type: LiFePo4
- Battery Capacity: 240Wh (12V, 20Ah)
- Life-span: After 1500 cycles (cycle = charge and discharge) up to 85% performance
60W Foldable Solar Panel
- Monocrystalline cells
- High cell efficiency
- By-Pass Diodes reduces impact of shadows
- Minimal reflection of light rays through the EVA material
- Non-deformable aluminium frame with unique casing system
- Electrical tolerance of up to +-3%.
- Outstanding performance at low light levels
- Maximum System Voltage 1000VDC
- Maximum Operating Voltage 17.99
- Maximum Operating Current 2.3 Amps
- Open Circuit Voltage 21.97
- Short Circuit Current 2.58 Amps
- Folded: 543x460x65 mm
- Unfolded: 1860x460x32.5 mm
- Open Angle 45°
- Weight 8.1 KG
- Warranty 1 year
- Weight: 3 KG
- Size: 440*167*340 mm
- Pmax: 15W
- Vpm: 17.9V
- Im: 0.84A
- Voc: 21.2V
- Isc: 0.9A
- Cells : monocristallin
- 36 cells – serial arrangement, 2*18 and every 5 inch cells cut into 6 part equally
- Front substrate = tempered glass 3.2mm
- Connection : Junction box waterproof IP65,type GZX0503B
- Schottky diode: DIOTEC SB1240
- Plugs : type MultiContact MC4
- (+) : cable TÜV 2.5 mm², 1 pc 85cm long + 1 plug female
- (-) : cable TÜV 2.5 mm², 1 pc 85 cm long + 1 plug male
Currently no reviews are available
Have experience with this product?