Extend your RS232 signal more than 3200 feet using a single cat5e/6 cable. The S-Link provides easy RS-232 extension at a fraction of the cost of that length of serial cable.
Does the Type of Cat5e or Cat6 Cable You Use Matter?
Since Cat5e/Cat6 extenders (aka Baluns) work differently than typical ethernet networks, the quality of the network cable you use really does matter. The bottom line is that Ethernet networks have corrective measures in place to help balance the data load and prevent packet loss, while point-to-point extenders like this don't have this option. For this reason, using cable with extra shielding and extra-robust conductors (like our PureRun Cat6 Cable) to overcome any potential attenuation issues is recommended.
- Dial-up modems
- GPS receivers (typically NMEA 0183 at 4,800 bit/s)
- Bar code scanners and other point of sale devices
- LED and LCD text displays
- Flat-screen (LCD and Plasma) monitors to control screen functions by external computer, other AV components or remotes
- Test and measuring equipment such as digital multimeters and weighing systems
- Some CNC controllers
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Stenography or Stenotype machines
- Software debuggers that run on a second computer
- Industrial field buses
- Computer terminal, teletype
- Older digital cameras
- Networking (Macintosh AppleTalk using RS-422 at 230.4 kbit/s)
- Serial mouse
- Older GSM mobile phones
- Some Telescopes
Mfg. Part Number
- Link by Sewell
- Extends RS232
- Single Cat5e/6
- Supports RS-232/RS-422/RS-485
- Operation Distance: 3280 ft
- VESA Standard Resolutions
- Supports System Restart
- Serial Extender Transmitter
- Serial Extender Receiver
- 5V DC Power Supply: 2 pcs
Currently no reviews are available
Have experience with this product?