Prologix USB to GPIB Controller
Customers also viewed these products
Quickly and easily add GPIB capabilities on your PC or notebook using an available USB port (USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible) with this robust USB to GPIB Controller.
Specialized automated industrial and commercial equipment use the GPIB (General Purpose Interface Bus) to communicate and to be controlled by a host computer. One popular use for a GPIB to USB controller is when you want an oscillator to be able to control and print off a USB printer. Use your modern USB connection to control your GPIB machines with this cost effective adapter.
Since GPIB operates at 8 mbps, USB is a viable way to control GPIB devices because it maxes out at 480 mbps.
Quick and easy setup of the USB to GPIB Controller allows you to be up and running in no time.
Mfg. Part Number
- Drivers for Windows 98/ ME/ 2000/ XP/ Vista/ Win7, Mac OS-8/9/X, Linux
- Support for multiple devices
- Driver provides virtual serial port to send and receive data
- Powered by USB; no power supply needed
- No GPIB cable needed; controller plugs on to instrument
- All software configuration. No DIP switches
- USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible
- Standard USB (B) and IEEE 488 (Male) connectors
- Win 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, Win7
- Apple OS-8, OS-9, OS-X
- Linux >2.4.0 - Drivers Built In
- Free BSD - Drivers Built In
- Download the Manual
- Not compatible with Instron Series IX
Currently no reviews are available
Have experience with this product?
Is this device compatible with the NI-488.2 Command set?
This item will communicate using NI LabVIEW Serial VIs or NI VISA VIs, but unfortunately will not communicate as a NI 488.2 interface. Programs that expect a NI 488.2 interface have to be modified to use the serial interface to be compatible with Prologix GPIB-USB controller.
5 out of 6 found this helpful.
Was this question helpful?