RS-232/RS-485 Interface Converter
Unify your serial communication between RS 232 and RS 485 signals with this small yet powerful converter.
In order to carry remote digital communication between computers with various standard series interfaces converter facilities or intelligent instruments, you need interexchange of standard series interface converter of compatible RS-232C and RS-485 standard.
This product is able to convert mono-end RS-232 signal to balance difference RS-485 signal and extend the communication distance to 1.2km. No external power is required. The unit adopts a particular RS-232 charge pump to drive the system and gains electricity without initializing the RS-232 series interface.
An internal zero delay auto transceiver and I/O circuit automatically controls the data stream direction instead of a handshake signal (for example RTS, DTR etc.) Thereby guaranteeing the function under RS-485 without changing the program compiled under RS-232 half-duplex mode. This assures the adaptation to current operation software and interfaces hardware.
With a transmission rate of 300-115.2kbps, it is capable of applications between two host computers, computer, and extensions or external equipment, and forms dot to dot, dot to dots remote and multi-communication network. The product implements multi-machine response communication and is commonly used in systems of industrial automation control all-one-cards. This product is suitable for use with door safes, car parking, ATMs, bus charge, restaurants, staff attendance management, toll highway etc.
Mfg. Part Number
- Mini-size with DB9 connector and wiring post connector.
- Compatible with RS-232 and RS-485 standards of EIA/TIA.
- Automatic data transceiver without external volume control signal (RTS).
- Power supply:RS-232 pinout powered, and three-line(TXD, RXD and GND)
- A maximum connection of 32 pieces of network devices.
- Communication distance: 1.2 KM.
- Baud rate: 300BPS-115.2KBPS
- Transmission media:STP
- Working mode: asynchronous half-duplex (RS-485).
- Dimensions: 63mmX33mmX17mm.
- Working environment: -25? to 70?, relative humidity 5% to 95%.
- Supporting DOS/ WIN95/ WIN98/ WIN2000/NT/ XP and Linux, etc.