Pearl 2 Rackmount Twin Video Production Device (2 RU)
The Pearl-2 Rackmount Twin Video Production Device from Epiphan is a production video mixer that lest you create visually appealing live video programs by combining, encoding, switching, and recording up to six video sources and two audio sources. Simple to use with a web-based portal for initial configuration, you get a drag and drop interface to create completely customizable layouts for your live stream. You can choose to keep Pearl-2's default encoding settings, or customize them to meet your exact needs. Control the video recorder and video switcher capabilities via the touchscreen or the tablet-friendly Epiphan Live interface. It features a 2 RU rackmount that contains two complete (and independent) Pearl-2 systems.
- Reliable, simple live streaming with Pearl-2's integrated live video production work flow
- W RU rackmount variation that contains two complete (and independent) Pearl-2 systems.
- Works with video sources from SD to 4K (separate add-on required for 4K)
- Connect up to six sources at once to encode and stream one 4K Ultra HD program, or up to six 1080p Full HD programs.
- Use any combinations of your video sources connected to the HDMI, 4K HDMI, or 12G-SDI video input ports, or from IP cameras over your network
- Sixth generation intel i7 processor
- Use the touchscreen or Epiphan Live to preview and change the live content in your video programs
- See changes immediately in your live video stream, and on displays connected to Pearl-2's 4K HDMI video output ports
- Simultaneously live stream to YouTube, Facebook, and any other CDN or video portal
- Use the built-in streaming server to stream locally to web browsers, smart TVs, and set-top boxes.
- Control you streaming and recording from any mobile device or computer on your local network.
- Capture embedded HDMI and SDI audio, or use the XLR/RCA ports for professional level audio from mixing consoles and sound equipment
- Built-in attenuation and gain adjustment
- Design your own custom layouts, including picture-in-picture, by using the drag and drop editor in Pearl-2's web-based Admin Panel.
- Combine, crop, and scale up to six video sources
- Customize the video source completely with backgrounds, overlay images, text, and timestamping
- Hold hundreds of hours of HD recordings on the 512GB solid-state hard drive
- Configure automatic file transfers to a networked storage or local USB drive via USB 3.0, to ensure your files are always protected.
- Connect you headphones and monitor audio using the front-mounted 3.5mm audio jack and on-screen VU meter
- Send the content to a larger confidence monitor with Pearl-2's two 4K HDMI video output ports
- Use Pearl-2's built-in streaming server to share via unicast or multicast stream to up to 50 viewers with popular streaming protocols such as HTTP, HLS, FLV, ASF, UPnP, and SAP
- Publish your live video stream to a large audience using an enterprise streaming server or CDN using RTMP or RTSP
- Supported CDNs including Facebook Live, YouTube, Wowza, Livestream, Akamai, Ustream, and more
- Stream your final program output, in any desired resolution, while also recording high quality ISOs for post-processing
- Integrates easily with content management systems (CMS) and with learning management systems (LMS) such as Blackboard, Kaltura, Mediasite, and Moodle.
- 2 x 12G-SDI
- 2 x HDMI / DVI
- 2 x 4K HDMI / DVI
- 2 x USB Video
- RTSP Sources over IP (e.g. IP Cameras, or Channels from Pearl or Pear-2 Systems)
- UP to 4096 x 2160 (DCI 4K)
HD Video Format Options
- 4K HDMI, HDMI
- DVI Single-Link (Through Adapter)
- 2 x XLR, Stereo
- 1 x RCA, Stereo
- 2 x SDI, Embedded Audio
- 4 x HDMI, Embedded Audio
- 2 x USB Web Camera
- XLR Maxiumum Signal: 12.3 V (RMS), +24 dBu
- RCA Signal: -10 dBV
- 2 x 4K HDMI, with Audio for Local Video Display or Larger Confidence Monitoring
- Front Touchscreen Display Use for System Information, Confidence Monitoring, Simple Configuration, and Recording Control
Aux 3.5 mm Mini-Jack Line-in
- Front-Mounted Jack for Confidence Monitoring
Built In Display
- Front Touchscreen Display for Live Switching, Confidence Monitoring, Quick Configuration, System Information, Recording Control, and Streaming Control
- H.264, Motion JPEG
Video Bit Rates
- 1 to 20 Mb/s
Key Frame Intervals
Output Frame Size
- Configurable up to 4096 x 2160
- Encoded : 2 x Simultaneous 1080p60; 6 x Simultaneous 1080p30 pograms; 1 x UHD 4k Pgram at 30 fps
- MP3: 64-320 kb/s 22/44/48 kHz
- PCM: 22/44/48 kHz
- AAC: 64-320 kb/s 16/22/44/48 kHz
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45
- MPEG-TS and FLV
- RSTP over TCP/UDP
- Publish to Streaming Server / CDN (RTSP, RTMP, RTMPS)
- HLS: Native Apple HTTP Stream for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- RTP, MPEG-TS & RTP, and MPEG-TS over UDP
Network Discovery / Announce
- UPnP, SAP
- 802.1x EAP Methods: PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS
Video and Audio
- 512 GB SSD
- Automatically Removes Oldest Recordings from Internal Storage as Space is Required
- File Maintenance through Admin Panel (Web Interface)
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports for Automatic/Manual Copy to Local USB Drives
- FTP server and FTP Client Capabilities (Automatic/Manual)
Playback and Recorded Formats
- Download Record Videos (AVI, MOV, MP4 or MPEG-TS) Using the Admin Panel; Play Back Through Compatible Player.
- Admin Panel for Full Administration On Screen Display and Mobile UI fonr Confidence Monitoring and Simple Administration/Control Multiple User Accounts/Passwords Included API for Integration into Existing Environments (Executed via HTTP/HTTPS or RS-232)
- NTP, TIME (RFC 868), PTP v1 (IEEE-1588-2002 v1)
- 0.8 A, 100 to 240 VAC
- 19.6 x 3.5 x 10.9" / 49.7 x 8.9 x 27.7 cm
Weight 14.6 ib / 6.6 kg
- 24.2 Ib
- 22.6 x 15 x 9.4"