Kvaser USBcan R v2 is a lightweight, yet highly durable, two channel CAN bus interface. The IP65-rated housing is made of aluminum alloy, sealed with a heavy-duty polyurethane coating that assures reliable protection against water and dust ingress, and is vibration, shock and drop proof.
With a standard USB2.0 connection and two high-speed CAN channels in two separate 9-pin D-SUB CAN connectors, the USBcan R v2 handles transmission and reception of standard and extended CAN messages, with a time stamp precision of 100 microseconds. Features include error frame detection and LED indicators showing power and CAN channel status.
- Connect to two CAN channels simultaneously using just one device.
- IP65 rated lightweight aluminum housing, sealed with polyurethane coating.
- Capable of sending up to 15000 messages per second, per channel, each time-stamped with 100 microsecond accuracies.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2) up to 1Mbit/s.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Power is taken from the USB bus.
- Detection of error frames.
- LED lights alert user to device status.
- 100% compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
- Operating temperature range from -40 to 70°C.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, Java, Python and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types.
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 50-1000 kbps
- Buffers: Auto RX Buffers, Auto TX Buffers, On Board Buffer
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 2
- Connectors: DSUB 9
- Current Consumption: ~ 5V and 130mA powered from the USB
- Error Counters Reading: No
- Error Frame Generation: No
- Galvanic Isolation: Yes
- Height: 17 mm
- Interfaces: USB
- Length: 200 mm
- Material: Aluminum
- Messages Per Second Receive: 15,000 mps
- Messages Per Second Send: 15,000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent Mode: No
- Sound: No
- Temperature Range: -40 to 70 °C
- Timestamp Resolution:100 µs
- Weight: 176 g