The Kvaser PCIcanx II HS/HS is a dual channel, high speed CAN (controller area network) interface board for the PCI-X and PCI bus. It features an on-board microcontroller for offloading your main CPU and galvanic isolation for protection against voltage spikes.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation - no switches.
- Compliant with PCI 2.3.
- The board fits in both 3.3V PCI-X and 3.3V and 5V PCI buses.
- Fully software compatible with the discontinued PCIcan II boards.
- Communicates with the PC through a fast DPRAM.
- CAN Controller is a Renesas M16C.
- Supports CAN 2.0 A and 2.0 B (active).
- High-speed ISO 11898 compliant driver circuits, supports bit rates up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Industry-standard 9-pin D-SUB connectors.
- Pin assignment according to CiA-DS102.
- 16 MHz CAN oscillator frequency.
- Galvanic isolation between the CAN-controller and the CAN-driver.
- The Kvaser PCIcanx II family boards can optionally be delivered with exchangeable CAN drivers, supporting e.g. single-wire CAN.
- Includes free of charge low profile bracket.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 20-1000 kbps
- Buffers: Auto RX Buffers, Auto TX Buffers, On Board Buffer
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 2
- Connectors: DSUB 9
- Current Consumption: Approximately 1W (200mA)
- Error Counters Reading: Yes
- Error Frame Generation: No
- Galvanic Isolation: Yes
- Height: 20 mm
- Interfaces: PCI
- Length: 95 mm
- Messages Per Second Receive: 14,000 mps
- Messages Per Second Sending: 8,000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent Mode: Yes
- Sound: No
- Temperature Range: -40 to 85 °C
- Weight: 100 g