Hydra 3x1 HDMI In-Line Cable Switch
The Sewell Hydra is the worlds first all in one HDMI cable switch. What makes this switch special is the compact in-line design and the attached premium HDMI cables. The Hydra allows you to manually switch between three HDMI sources to one device.
Most HDMI switches are bulky and require you to find a flat area to place the device. This usually results in the unit being placed in the open next to your AV equipment adding yet another piece of clutter to you home theater. The Hydra’s in-line design allows you to let the switch hang behind your equipment helping you keep things clean and uncluttered. Traditional HDMI switches also require that you purchase additional cables, Which can introduce up to four additional points of failure to the install. This can become very expensive and time consuming waiting for separate shipping. Why not just make your life a little easier and just get the Sewell Hydra?
How to Install and Use the Hydra
The Hydra comes ready to use. Simply plug and play. Installation takes only minutes and requires no software, just follow these simple directions.
- Plug the end with a single HDMI cable into your HDMI source (usually your display).
- Run the 6 ft. cable to your AV equipment and plug in the HDMI cables.
- Once the cables are all plugged in you can easily switch sources using the button on the switch. The LED lights on the switch will indicate which cable is being used.
All in all you should only need 1-3 minutes for this entire operation.
No extra power needed
This HDMI switch simplifies life by running off the power provided in the HDMI signal you plug into it. No need to rack your brains to find another power plug, or purchase another power strip.
What the Hydra Works With
This HDMI switch is compatible with all HDMI sources and supports HDCP. This means you can connect your DVD player, Blu—ray player, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Apple TV, HD Tivo, Laptop — you get the point. Any HDMI device you can think of.
Mfg. Part Number
- Supports HDMI 1.3b
- LEDs indicate port usage
- Simple One Touch switching feature
- Plug and Play
- Full 1080p
- Supports 12-bit Deep Color
- High Performance
- up to 2.5Gbps
- HDCP Passthrough
- Requires no Power
- Total Length: 6 ft, 5 in.
- Output Cable Length:4 ft 6 in
- Input Cable Lenghts: 1 ft 6 in
- SwitchLenght: 5
- Box Dimensions: 18.5x21.5x4 cm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 292 grams
- Color: Black