DescriptionEasily test your networking cable by quickly locating and verifying the integrity of standard voice and data cables. The NETFinder also has a PORT finding function allowing the end user to trace a cable back to the hub or switch.
Other useful tests include the ability to show if a cable is open, short, reversed or crossed. This can save valuable time trying to figure out what is wrong with a certain cable or why it's not performing as expected.
If you're on the go, the NETFinder uses a convenient battery to power the unit and also has a low battery indicator so you won't find yourself in the middle of a job with no testing unit. Making the Hobbes NETFinder a part of your networking accessories will allow you to get your testing or installation done quickly, efficiently, and you'll know the cable is perfect.
Mfg. Part Number
- Tests for wiring faults of open, short, reversed and crossed
- Verification of shield integrity
- Specially designed remote unit that enables one person to test installed cables
- Built-in Portfinder function to trace ports back to switch
- Easy to read fault display and high speed testing
- Low battery indicator
- Power Source: DC 9V battery x 1pcs
- Power Consumption: 22mA
- Operating Temp: 0˚C~50˚C
- Storage Temp: -10˚C~60˚C
- Humidity: 0 to 95%(non-condensing)
- 104mm x 63mm x 29mm
- Remote 104mm x 30.5mm x 29mm
Pros: "If you fix the brakes (on the car) you TEST the brakes!" "Network Installation 101" tool to be found in any competent technician's tool box. Performs as advertised. Thoroughly Impressed. Cons: None contributory.Other: Nothing further.
Pros: Consistent "as advertised" performance.Cons: None.Other: Simple and straight-forward as this type of equipment should be.