Epiphan Webcaster X2 Video Encorder for Facebook YouTube, and more.
Connect HDMI and USB video and audio sources Stream your HDMI cameras, displays or mixers, USB webcams and microphones by connecting them to Webcaster X2’s HDMI IN or USB ports. Webcaster X2 encodes your high quality audio along with your video and streams it to your Facebook or YouTube audience.
The easiest way to live stream to Facebook, YouTube, and more
Live streaming shouldn’t be complicated! Epiphan Webcaster X2™ is a dedicated encoder designed from the ground-up for live streaming to your favorite social media platform, making streaming a breeze. Pair your device once with your accounts and it remembers your settings for all future streams.
Connect any camera or video source
Stream your HDMI cameras, displays or mixers, USB webcams and microphones by connecting them to Webcaster X2’s HDMI IN or USB ports. Webcaster X2 encodes your high quality audio along with your video and streams it to your Facebook or YouTube audience.
Picture in picture (PiP) layouts and live switching
Get creative! Create PiP layouts or do a multi-camera production and switch between a USB webcam and your HDMI camera.
Reliable encoding designed for social media
Webcaster X2 is designed specifically for streaming to Facebook, YouTube, and more. Set up is easy with a simple device code to pair it to your accounts, the rest is done for you – the device comes pre-configured with optimal encoding settings for YouTube, Facebook Live, and Twitch streaming. Stream your HDMI cameras, displays or mixers, USB webcams and microphones by connecting them to Webcaster X2’s HDMI IN or USB ports. Webcaster X2 encodes your high quality audio along with your video and streams it to your Facebook or YouTube audience.
How does Webcaster X2 work?
Webcaster X2 streams your live video to your choice of Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitch, Switchboard Cloud, AV Studio and more. Switching between them is simple, and Webcaster X2 remembers all your settings for all platforms.
Control how you stream
Choose to stream to your Facebook Timeline or any Group or Page you administer. On YouTube, choose to stream live now, or publish to a scheduled event. Connect a mouse and monitor to Webcaster X2 for additional configuration options.
Live monitoring and interactivity
Monitor your Facebook and YouTube live video and see viewer comments and reactions in real time. Simply connect a display to the Webcaster X2’s HDMI OUT port.
What's in the box?
Webcaster X2 comes with all the cables and connectors you need to live stream to YouTube, Facebook Live, and more!
Mfg. Part Number
- Connectors: HDMI
- Embedded HDMI audio at 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz (firmware 2.5 or higher needed for 48 kHz support)
- Connectors: HDMI out with audio for local video display or confidence monitoring
- Embedded HDMI audio
- Streaming Output: Default: 2000 kbps,
- Video Bit Rates: Configurable: 1000 kbps, 2000 kpps, 3000 kbps, or 4000 kbps Note: By default each Webcaster X2 you connect to your network needs a constant uplink bandwidth of up to 2 Mbps. You can use popular internet speed tests to determine the peak bandwidth you have available, but be cautious with this value as other people and devices, including voice over IP phone systems, can use a significant portion of your available uplink.
- Key Frame Interval: 2 s
- Max Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Color Space: 4:2:0
- Output Frame Size: Default 720p at 30 fps (1280×720), supports up to 1080p at 30 fps (1920×1080)
- Codec: H.264
- Audio Codecs:
- Encoder: AAC
- Bitrate: 128 kbps
- Sample Frequencies: 44kHz
- Connector: Ethernet RJ45
- Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- Streams: Native Youtuve Live and Facebook Live integrations, Twitch, and AV Studio
Storage (with AV studio only)
- External: V30 or U3 class microSDHC card with a minimum of 4 GB available capacity (user supplied - default)
- Tested microSDHC cards
- SanDisk Extreme
- Samsung EVO
- FAT32 formatted USB 3.0 memory stick (user supplied)
- Internal 12 GB