Portable audio & video streaming device
Epiphan VGADVI Broadcaster™
Captures, combines, and streams audio, Full HD video and SD video. Quiet, portable recording for DVI, HDMI™, VGA, DisplayPort, S-Video, and composite sources.
Features at a glance
VGADVI Broadcaster is easy to setup and use, and works straight out of the box. Once configured, it does not require the use of a computer or any additional equipment – simply power it on to start encoding and streaming.
- Capture from screens or cameras at Full HD resolution
- Stream while recording
- Manage and control either locally or over a network
- Capture presentation camera, slides and voice simultaneously
- Supports VGA, DVI, HDMI, S-Video, composite, & RGB component
- Use it everywhere – it’s portable with no software to install
- Stream directly to set-top boxes, smart TVs, and electronic signs via MPEG-TS
- Two video input channels (1 HD, 1 SD)
- Single stream or independent streaming and recording
Captures, combines, and streams audio, Full HD video and SD video. Quiet, portable recording for DVI, HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, S-Video, and composite sources.
- Choose to display the video from one or both video sources, display the video side-by-side or picture in picture.
- VGADVI Broadcaster automatically scales inputs to match your configured layout settings.
- Add your corporate color as a background and your company logo, the date, time, and presenter name.
- Overlay video with timestamp information and other text.
- Upload a custom image to display when the channel does not have a signal or if your input signal is interrupted for any reason.
Video/audio outputs and network/control ports
- VGADVI Broadcaster has a DVI-I video output, a 3.5 mm stereo audio output, a RJ-45 PoE port, and a USB 2.0 port.
- Built-in signal converters and output connectors provide pass through for both DVI-I and audio input sources.
- Connect a headset to the audio output port to monitor the audio input for quality.
- Connect HDMI, DVI, or VGA projectors, and displays to the DVI-I port to monitor the DVI-I input source.
Video and audio inputs
- VGADVI Broadcaster captures two video sources from HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, and composite video at their native resolutions and frame rates.
- Audio input is provided through a 3.5 mm analog stereo audio input.
- The DVI-I port is built to capture signals from DVI, HDMI and VGA sources, while the S-Video port captures signals from S-Video and composite sources.
- VGADVI Broadcaster supports a wide range of live streaming formats and protocols enabling it to stream video to media players, Content Delivery Networks and multicast networks using industry standard streaming formats including FLV, ASF, MJPEG and via TCP/UDP using RTSP.
- Supports Multicast Streaming via UDP using RTP, MPEG-TS RTP, MPEG-TS and publishes to streaming servers (CDNs) via RTMP and RTSP.
When you need to stream to a large local audience (within a LAN) without the use of a CDN or streaming server see our professional streaming and recording systems.
Stream using Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Session Announce Protocol (SAP)
Record while streaming
- VGADVI Broadcaster can record the streaming output.
- Stores the video files to an internal solid state memory, with 8 GB of storage, in AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV format (common and easy to use formats).
- Automatically deletes the oldest recorded file when disk space runs low and replaces the file with a current file to ensure the latest recordings are available.
- Manage the size of your recorded video files by configuring the VGADVI Broadcaster to start a new file based on a time or file-size limit. When the limit is reached, the current recorded file is closed and available for download while a new file is opened for continued recording – all without missing a frame.
- Supports 1080p HD video capture at 30 fps and resolutions up to 1920×1200.
- Capture computer displays and live camera signals.
- Convenient pick lists of standard resolutions in 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10 ratios make configuration and switching between various video input sources quick and easy. Custom resolutions are also supported.
- The VGADVI Broadcaster analyzes your source stream and automatically uses the best possible frame size, bitrate, and aspect ratio for the output stream.
- Changes to the input signal resolution and aspect ratio are automatically reflected in the output stream.
- Automatic configuration is an option that can be enabled or disabled depending on your requirements.
- The VGADVI Broadcaster integrates video capturing, scaling, encoding, recording, and streaming, into one simple device.
- The rugged yet lightweight design is ideal when moving from office to boardroom, laboratory or anywhere you need to capture and stream video.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates the need for AC power connection; the device is powered directly over the Ethernet cable from a PoE capable network switch. A PoE injector is included with the product if you need it.
- Roughly the size of a paperback novel, measuring 7.95″×4.13″×1.38″, (202×105×35 mm), weighing 1.4 lbs., (635 g).
- With no internal fans, or other moving parts, it is silent and reliable.
Mfg. Part Number
- Connectors: (1) DVI / HDMI™1 / VGA1 / Component2 (1) S-Video/composite3 (NTSC/PAL)
- Resolutions: VESA modes: 640×480 to 1920×1200; Custom VGA/DVI modes
- HD Video Format Options: RGB plus separate HSync and VSync signals; RGB plus CSYNC signal; RGB with Sync-on-Green synchronization; DVI single link
- EDID Support: EDIDs can be uploaded to the device
- Connector: (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo analog audio
- Input Levels: Mic and line-in
Video Output (Splitter / Converter)
- Connector: (1) DVI-I (pass-through)
- Signals: Analog and Digital versions are always output with automatic D/A or A/D applied
- Connector: (1) 3.5mm stereo audio
- Video Codec: H.264, MPEG-4, Motion JPEG
- Video Bit Rates: 100 - 9999 kbit/sec
- Key Frame Intervals: Programmable
- Color Resolution: YUV 4:2:0
- Frame Size: Configurable up to 1920×1200
- Frame Rates4: 30 fps @ 1920×1080p (or smaller) 25 fps @ 1920×1200