Imagine bringing your own wireless 802.11 signal anywhere you go. The MB8000 router, in conjunction with the CDMA, EVDO, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, and HSDPA PCMCIA card, allows you to share a wireless internet connection using the Verizon/Sprint EVDO signal anywhere.
How It Works
Verizon/Sprint offers a signal technology called EVDO that their cellphone towers transmit. This signal can be picked up with the CDMA, EVDO, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, or HSDPA AirCard Modem PCMCIA card. Slipping this card into this router converts that signal into a broadcasted standard 802.11 Wi-Fi signal that you can take anywhere you go.
If you live in a non-DSL or Cable internet region, you can use this router in conjunction with Verizon/Sprint's service to bring wireless internet permanently to your home or office. More exciting than that, you can travel anywhere Verizon/Sprint's cellular service exists and carry a halo of wireless internet with you wherever you go. The router also offers one ethernet RJ45 connector for wired networking.
Another great feature is the ability to pick up standard cellphone signals as well when you are not in an CDMA, EVDO, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, or HSDPA zone. The standard cellphone signal allows you to connect to the internet at speeds of up to 100k, which is still twice the speed of dial-up.
Whether it's at a trade show, on the road, or on vacation, you will have wireless internet wherever Verizon/Sprint offers cellphone access. The router offers a professional grade high end robust signal and security for the most demanding on-the-road business scenarios.
Mfg. Part Number
- Top Global
- • E-mobile D01NE (HSDPA)
- • Huawei E620 (HSDPA)
- • Huawei E660A (HSDPA)
- • W05K (CDMA 1X)
- • Novatel V620 (EVDO Rev.A)
- • Novatel S720 (EVDO Rev.A)
- • Novatel Merlin C201 (CDMA/EVDO)
- • Novatel Merlin C386 (CDMA/EVDO)
- • Novatel Merlin U530 (GPRS/UMTS)
- • Novatel Merlin U630 (GPRS/UMTS)
- • Novatel U730 (HSDPA)
- • Novatel U740 (HSDPA)
- • Pantech PX-500 (EVDO Rev.A)
- • Sierra Wireless AC555 (CDMA/EVDO)
- • Sierra Wireless AC580 (CDMA/EVDO)
- • Sierra Wireless AC595 (EVDO Rev.A)
- • Sierra PC5220 (CDMA/EVDO)
- • Sierra Wireless AC750 (GPRS/UMTS)
- • Sierra Wireless AC775 (GPRS/UMTS)
- • Sierra Wireless AC850 (GPRS/UMTS)
- • Sierra Wireless AC860 (GPRS/UMTS)
- • Sierra Wireless AC875 (HSDPA)
- • Sierra Wireless AC881 (HSDPA)
- • C01SI (W-CDMA)
- • Utstarcom/Audiovox PC5220 (CDMA/EVDO)
- • UTStarcom PC5750 (EVDO Rev.A)
- • YISO (CDMA/EVDO)
- MIS grade EVDO to Wi-Fi 802.11b
- Ethernet: One 10/100 Base-T, RJ-45 female socket
- Wireless: IEEE 802.11b, MiniPCI slots for radio NIC
- PCMCIA: One PC card bus slot for Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN)
- Serial: 9-Pin Female MiniDin RS232 connector
- Transport: -40 to 60° C (-40 to 140° F) @ 15 to 95% relative humidity (no condensation allowed)
- Storage: -10° to 60°C (14° to 140°F) @ 10 to 90% relative humidity (no condensation allowed)
- 2.7 cm x 13 cm x 25.4cm
- 1.1 in x 5.1 in x 10 in
Currently no reviews are available
Have experience with this product?
You are a distributor of Top Global equipment. I need this power adapter (WRG20F-05BA). It is an adapter for the MB8000. Can I buy this through you?
You could use the Top Global replacement power adapter, part SW-5627. That part is advertised as a replacement for the 3G Phoebus, but it is the same adapter for their other routers as well.
1 out of 3 found this helpful.
Was this question helpful?