Part-time Shipping Crew (12-5pm) | Sewell
Be on the front lines of making happy customers worldwide by picking and packing the best cellphone cables, HDMI components, light bulbs, and squeaky kid's shoes on the market!
Whether it's coming up with a way to cut costs and improve performance, ideating our next big product, or giving the spark to a PR campaign, working in our shipping department isn't a lazy man's job.
We pride ourselves on shipping our products to customers the same day they order and ensuring every product arrives safe and sound. We don't just put products in boxes and slap a label on them (although we do that). This job is about delivering a quality product and creating value for the company in other ways. This requires creativity and motivation.
Great job for college students!
Watch this video
for a couple aspects of our work.
Duties and responsibilities
What We're Looking For
- Pick products from shelves and package them for FedEx, USPS, UPS, and other services
- Sticker products, repackage returns, put products away
- Perform inventory audit counts
- Unload containers (usually one/month) and assist with receiving, as needed
- Special projects, making awesomeness happen
Length of Employment
What We Have to Offer
- Motivated self-starter - we won't micromanage you, but we will teach and counsel you and answer all your questions
- Honest, patient, and adaptable - if you see something, say something. We always want to improve as a company, and we can't if you don't tell us what you think
- Curious - you want to learn about the job and company to expand your knowledge beyond the everyday tasks
- Able to work on your feet up to 5 hours and carry 60 lbs - most of our shipments are under 5 lbs, but some products are big & heavy
- People skills - you need to get along well with other employees and customers
- Basic computer skills with Windows and Microsoft Office, internet browsers
- A healthy customer base and developed brands since we sell directly to end-users.
- A marketing team excited to help introduce our products to the world.
- An experienced production team who can help turn ideas into a real product.
- A team of world-class customer experience techs who make sure our customers are taken care of.
- A logistics team with a lower shipping error rate than Amazon. (OK, Amazon hasn't published their error rate in years but last time they did we bested them.)
- A team that wants to see you succeed and will do anything to help make it happen.
Schedule: 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday (12:00pm-5:00pm)
Pay: $11.00 per hour with quarterly bonus based on performance, efficiency, and discretion of management.
We're looking for someone to be available for part-time work for at least a year. Partial quarterly bonuses are only paid to employees who work at least a year.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a few sentences of why you're interested and what you have to offer by e-mail to email@example.com
. Please include job title in the subject line. Let us know:
- Availability date
- If in college, expected graduation date.
- How long you would be able to continue in the position (part-time) if you and the company were both happy with your employment.