USB to PS2 Adapter
This USB to PS/2 Adapter (Converter) allows you to connect your PS/2 mouse and/or PS/2 keyboard to a USB port.
The adapter is great for laptops that don't have PS/2 ports. Now you can plug your PS/2 mouse and keyboard into your laptop in a matter of seconds!
Only one-foot long, the cable is easy to stow away and carry from place to place. If you are looking for a longer USB to PS/2 adapter, just add a USB Extension cable to your order.
You can also use this adapter in connection with a PS/2 to KVM Switch.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bus Powered (no power adapter needed)
- Supports standard PS/2 mice (including MS IntelliMouse)
- Easy to install, no software driver needed
- Works with Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7; Netware 4.11, 5.0; HP Unix; Linux; Mac OS 8.6 and higher; Sun Microsystems
- A compatible operating system (see list above)
- One available USB port (will work at USB 1.1 speeds with USB 2.0 port)
Pros: inexpensiveCons: doesn't work totally perfectlyOther: It works OK I guess. My usb keyboard was acting up so I thought getting this adapter and using a spare ps2 keybpard that i have lying around would be less expensive than a buying a new keyboard. Well, I found that when my computer is in sleep mode, I can wake it up using a ps2 keyboard connected to this adapter, but then it doesn't work afterwards. I have to unplug this thing and plug it in again, then it works. But I found a solution to this is to wake the computer using the usb mouse instead. So no big deal, but it doesn't work perfectly. So 4 stars instead of 5. But I'm using windows 10, which isn't actually listed as one of the supported operating systems, so i don't know, maybe it does work as intended.
Pros: Worked with my odd-ball mouse (MS Intellimouse Trackball) and keyboard (MS Natural Keyboard) where NONE of the others I tried worked. Cons: NoneOther: Thanks!