Sewell Octal USB to Serial, 8 Port (FTDI)
New FTDI chipset provides the most complete compatibility among devices
The Sewell Octal USB serial adapter adds 8 serial rs-232 communication ports to your system while using only one USB port. This provides connectivity with handhelds, modems, ISDN, TAs, PDAs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers, and any other serial device. The adapter also features plug-and-play and hot plug attributes. When plugged in to your USB port, it is automatically detected and installed.
The Octal is a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed device for quick data transfer between your computer and connected serial device. LED indicators display data activity among connected devices.
Don't forget to pick up a few serial cables!
Mfg. Part Number
- Provides eight RS-232 male DB9 ports for direct connection to serial devices
- Supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Easy Plug and Play Installation
- Supports Serial Transmission rate up to 230400bps
- LED indicators for adapter data activity
- Automatic IRQ and I/O Address Selection
- Eight 16C450/16C550 Compatible UARTs
- Supports Transmit-Receive FIFO at 512 bytes per port
- Supports Windows® XP/Vista/7 (32/64 bit)
- FTDI Chip provides robust compatibility
- 1 x USB 2.0 8-Port Serial Adapter
- 1 x Driver CD
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Power Adapter
Bought one of these units to integrate with the USB-to-Serial connection in a Cradlepoint unit for Out-of-Band. Worked perfectly!!