The Kvaser Leaf Light HS v2 represents one of the easiest and most affordable ways of connecting a computer to a CAN bus network. With its USB 2.0 compliant connector and 9-pin D-SUB connector, the Leaf Light HS v2's sleek, ergonomically designed housing is both robust enough for everyday use and small and flexible enough to be used in space-constrained applications. Now with galvanic isolation as standard.
The Leaf Light series is the workhorse of the CAN world. The HS V2 supports high speed USB for CAN and offers high performance at low cost, loss free transmission and reception of standard and extended CAN messages, transmitted with a time stamp precision of 100 microseconds.
- The Kvaser Leaf Light HS V2 is a high speed USB interface for CAN that offers loss free transmission and reception of standard and extended CAN messages on the CAN bus.
- 8000 messages per second, each time-stamped with 100 microsecond accuracy.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Galvanic isolation, previously a more expensive option on Kvaser's original Leaf Light, now comes as standard on the Leaf Light v2, enhancing protection from power surges or electrical shocks.
- Polyurethane cabling for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the LIN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Low current consumption (70 mA) reduces power drain from your laptop.
- Local buffering and preprocessing results in high performance and a lower demand on PC resources.
- 2-Year Warranty from Kvaser.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Mfg. Part Number
- Bitrate: 40-1000 kbps
- Buffers: On Board Buffer
- Certificates: CE, RoHS
- Channels: 1
- Connectors: DSUB 9
- Current Consumption: 90mA
- Error Counters Reading: No
- Error frame generation: No
- Galvanic Isolation: Yes
- Height: 17 mm
- Interfaces: USB
- Length: 165 mm
- Material: PA66
- Messages Per Second Receiving: 8,000 mps
- Message Per Second Sending: 8,000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8, Win 10
- Silent mode: No
- Sound: No
- Temperature Range: -20 to 70 °C
- Timestamp resolution: 100 µs
- Weight: 110 g
Pros: Fast, reliable, SDK available! I never have problems with this device, its solid as a rockCons: Other: