SwitchDeck 4K HDMI Switch with on/off autoswitching
The SwitchDeck supports signals up to 4K@60Hz, and allows you to switch between five HDMI (5x1) or three HDMI (3x1)sources to one HDMI display.
It is also an "active" HDMI switcher (aka distribution amplifier) which means that it actively amplifies and equalizes the input signal in order to perform at maximum spec. This signal amplification means that you can use longer HDMI cables and achieve optimal results.
The main spec to look for in a true HDMI 2.0 switch (including HDMI 2.0a and HDMI 2.0b) is the bandwidth spec. In order to achieve full 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 chroma, the HDMI Switch needs to support 18 Gbps bandwidth.
HDCP 2.2 Compliance
The SwitchDeck is fully compliant with HDCP 2.2 which means that it does not strip or bypass HDCP.
It is important to note that the new HDCP 2.2 standard is not backwards compatible with previous versions of HDCP. This means that if one of the devices in your setup does not support HDCP 2.2, you will not be able to get a 4k@60Hz signal on your display. You will only be able to get up to 1080p.
4K@60Hz vs 4K@30Hz?
As our TV's get bigger, so does their ability to display higher refresh rates. The SwitchDeck supports 4K@60Hz, while older switches only support up to 4k@30Hz, but why should you care?
Mfg. Part Number
- 5x1 or 3x SwitchDeck, 4K UHD HDMI Switch - HDMI Distribution Amplifier
- DC5V/1A Power Supply
- Quick Start Guide
- IR Remote
- Distribution Amplifier Boosts Signal
- Switches up to five or three HDMI 2.0 input signal to a single HDMI Display
- Supports HDR
- Supports 4k*2k @60hz (UHD)
- Supports HDCP 2.2
- Supports deep color 24bit, 30bit, 36bit.
- Support YcvCr 4:4:4
- Support Blue-Ray 24/50/60fs / HD-DVD / xvYCC
- Digital audio format, as DTS-HD / Dolby-trueHD / LPCM7.1 / DTS/Dobly-AC3
- Supports signal retiming
- Supports On/Off Automatic Switching
- HDMI Amplifier in Switch
- MHz Rating: 450MHz
- Max bandwidth 18 Gbps
- Max working current 1000mA
- Operating temperature range 32 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Storage Temperature range -4 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions 5.47 x 2.51 x 0.87 inches
- HDMI 2.0 (including HDMI 2.0 a and HDMI 2.0 b)
- CR2025 battery (sold separately)
I have an older 720p TV with a single HDMI input and recently purchased a Roku stick. Since the stick is HDMI I had to connect my Dish DVR and the DVD player using RCA cables. The shows did not display correctly even with the aspect ratio set correctly. Switching to this switch deck gave me great images with all three devices and eliminated a rat nest of cables. Since I already had 3 devices I thought it made sense to buy the 5 input version for a few dollars more to give me future expansion capability. The compact box sits inconspicuously on top of the other devices and appears well made. I plugged the Roku stick directly into the back of the SwitchDeck without a problem, eliminating a cable.
Got a few other switches and could never get my consoles to all display correctly. This one does all I need it to do. Good product.