BlastIR USB, USB Powered IR Extender Kit
Since IR remote control signals need "line-of-sight" to work, you will need this extender if the equipment you're trying to control is hidden out of sight such as in a cabinet, A/V Closet, or behind the TV.
How it Works
The BlastIR USB consists of an emitter cable, a receiver, and a USB power cable.
- Mount the receiver on or near your TV. Keep in mind that the receiver must be in the line-of-sight to wherever you will be using your remote control.
- Mount the emitter directly over the IR sensor on the device you wish to control.
- The BlastIR USB can be powered by either plugging the USB Cable into a USB port on your TV, or you can plug it into a power outlet by using the included DC12V adapter.
Once everything is connected, the receiver picks up the IR Remote control signal and transfers it over a small cable to the emitter.
The BlastIR USB repeater kit is dual band, which means it will work with the most IR devices. This compact BlastIR is perfect for a simple installation in which you are only hiding away a few devices (up to 4 with the Quad emitter option). If you need to control more devices, check out the full sized BlastIR Pro.
The length of the cable between the emitter and receiver is 6 feet. The length between the USB power connector and the IR receiver is also 6 feet, so the combined length of the product is 12 feet.
- Receiver Frequency Range: 34 KHZ to 60 KHZ
- Transmitter Frequency Range: 38 KHZ to 56 KHZ
- Receiver Range: 26 feet
- Emitter Range: 100mm-200mm
- Power: 12VDC, 30mA MAX
- Dimensions (IR Receiver): 31(L) x 17 (W) x 13(H)mm
- Dimensions (IR Emitters): 13(L) x 8 (W) x 5.5(H)mm
- AC input: 100-240V
- DC Output: 12V 300mA
- USB Output: 5V 500mA
- Total Length of Cable: 12 ft (6 feet between IR receiver and IR emitter, and 6 feet between the USB power connector and the IR receiver.
If you're having troubles with your BlastIR USB kit, there are some simple things you can do to troubleshoot the problem. This video will walk you through the steps. Even though we use a BlastIR classic, the same techniques to check the IR signal apply.
It worked exactly as advertised. Was easy to install, just a little difficulty in finding the IR receiver on the STB.
I had one supplied by the cable company that was terrible. Had to be within 4 feet and on the same plane as the receiver. Tried a receiver cable only and it did not work at all.
This one works great - long distance and wide angle.
I bought a single blaster and had to call support to find out which part was the sender and which was the receiver. The instructions did not state which was which. After that was resolved it works very well.
Works great and easy to set up
Pros: Very good!!! working as advertisedCons: Other: