Epiphan AV.io HD Video Grabber
Note: Epiphan products are subject to special return/warranty policies. See below for more details.
Can you use a USB as a capture card?
Setting up a USB capture card is so simple. All you need to do is plug it straight into the compatible port, and voila! You're all set-up without ever having to power down your system or worry about compatibility issues when using laptops for recording audio on the go.
AV.io HD is a simple to use, portable video grabber with no drivers to install. Use it with your favorite web-cam capture application on Windows, Mac and Linux systems for high quality video capture from any HDMI, DVI or VGA video source. Captures HDMI audio too! AV.io HD transfers lossless uncompressed video at 60 fps with resolutions up to 1920×1200 over USB 3.0.
Simple to setup
No software installation required. AV.io HD is a video capture device that doesn’t require drivers to be installed on your computer—it’s as simple as using a webcam! Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems will automatically detect AV.io HD ensuring compatibility with your favorite software.
Easy to connect and share. Required adapters and cables for HDMI, DVI or VGA devices are included with your AV.io HD — simply connect your device and start sharing.
Simple to use
Full HD video capture at 60 fps. AV.io HD transfers uncompressed video to your computer or laptop in beautiful Full HD at 60 fps with near-zero latency.
Audio capture over HDMI. In addition to capturing video content, AV.io HD also captures audio from your HDMI source.
Worry-free, automatic scaling and aspect ratios. AV.io HD automatically adjusts video scaling and aspect ratios based on your application’s requirements, providing you fantastic video quality — even when swapping video sources.
Bring it anywhere
A portable travel companion for your video source. AV.io HD fits in your hand and is lightweight enough to travel with you anywhere you need to share video.
Video grabber that is built to last. Like all Epiphan products, AV.io HD is designed to be strong, durable and rugged enough for daily use (some of our products are even used in space!). AV.io HD features robust connectors designed for reliable and repeated long-term use.
Powered over USB. Power-on your AV.io HD by simply plugging it into your computer’s USB port – no AC power connections required!
No distractions, noiseless operation. No internal fans or moving parts means AV.io HD is silent and will not distract from your video capture, streaming or recording experience.
Share video using your favorite applications
Just like your webcam, AV.io HD makes your video source available within applications you already use, such as:
- Telestream Wirecast
- Adobe FMLE
- VLC Media Player
- Windows Camera
Epiphan Products Return Policy
Epiphan products are subject to a special return policy: Frame Grabbers may be returned within a 30-day period.
Epiphan products come with a 1 year “repair & return” warranty. You can extend your warranty period to 3 years with our standard Sewell Extended Warranty.
Open-box Epiphan products include a 90-day warranty through Sewell Direct. Open-box Frame Grabbers can be returned within a 30-day period.
You can rent any of our open-box Epiphan products for 33% of the RETAIL price of the product per month up to the full retail price. These products include a 90-day warranty through Sewell Direct. Sales are final for rent-to-own open-box products.
Mfg. Part Number
- AV.io HD
- Interface: USB 3.0, USB 2.0
- OS Drivers: UVC and UAC device
- Dimensions: 3.54? × 2.36? × 0.91?, 90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm
- Connectors: DVI-I (integrated, digital & analog), USB 3.0 B-Type connector
- Input: HDMI (including audio), DVI, VGA
- Input Resolution: Up to 1920×1200
- Output Color Space: YUV 4:2:2
- Capture Latency: Near-zero. However, third-party applications may contribute to capture delay.
- HDMI Audio (input): 16-bit and 24-bit PCM encoded audio at 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz sampling rates
- Audio Output: 16-bit 48 kHz stereo sampling rates
- LED: One LED to indicate the status of the AV.io HD (power, readiness, and operation in progress)
- OS Support: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher supported.
- HDCP Compliance: High-bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection intended to prevent illegal copying of video and audio content.AV.io HD cannot capture from video sources protected by HDCP.
- Country of Origin: Made in North America (Canada)
- AV.io HD Video Grabber unit
- DVI to VGA cable
- DVI single link cable (3ft)
- HDMI to DVI adapter
- USB 3.0 cable (1m)
Supported Video Modes
- 640×360 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 640×480 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 848×480 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 960×540 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1024×768 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1280×720 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1280×1024 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1600×1200 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1920×1080 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- 1920×1200 at 15, 30, 60 fps
- Note that the third party software you’re using sets the frame size and bitrate.