How to Install Deadbolt Spade Connectors:
- Unscrew the cap of the Deadbolt Spade Connector.
- Feed the bare conductor of the speaker wire through the center hole of the connector.
- Bend the strands of the speaker wire down around the teeth of the connector.
- Screw the cap back on to secure the spade connector to the speaker wire.
- Your Deadbolt Banana Spade connector is ready.
Spade connectors are a versatile alternative to banana plugs or wire crimps when setting up a modular home entertainment system. Easy to terminate and with a strong, clear connection, these spade connectors make any audio install a breeze.
Deployment is as simple as inserting your speaker wire, tightening down the crimping screws, and then plugging the connector into your audio devices. It couldn't be easier!
Fast-locking technology lets you quickly and easily terminate 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 gauge speaker wire without soldering, crimping, or using screws. Fast-Locking works by using self crimping teeth which securely lock the spade connector to the speaker wire.
Mfg. Part Number
- SW-29995-6 6 pairs
- SW-29995-1 1 pair
- Deadbolt™ by Sewell
- 45° Spade Connector
- Six Pairs Per Pack
- 24k Gold Plated Brass
- Maximum accepted AWG: 8 AWG (10 AWG suggested)
- Spade "U" Opening: 8.5mm
- Spade "U" Height: 11mm
- Spade Width: 2.3mm
- The Outside Edge of the Connector: 13.85mm
My stereo was purchased in1973. 4 Altec speakers a Sansui amp and preamp.None have connections like todays equipment. With a little ingenuity the connections worked. This stereo has never sounded so good. Thank you
Well constructed, reasonable price. I would purchase these again.
These plugs provided the secure strong connection to my speakers that I was looking for. My type of cable did not have quite as thick a jacket as desired so, I inserted a small amount of clear silicon gel at the base.
Well designed, easy to assemble, and smart looking. Spade is very robust. You're going to pull the contact out before the spade bends.