|If you are looking for a unit that supports USB 3.0 check out the new Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 Frame Grabber (SW-30128).|
Epiphan's DVI2USB Solo™ is a portable DVI/HDMI to USB frame grabber is ideally suited from capturing video sources for DVI and HDMI based high resolution displays and high definition cameras.
- Captures single link DVI and HDMI video sources
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
- Ultra portable, external DVI/HDMI to USB 2.0 Frame Grabber device
- Sources power from USB port (USB host dependent)
- Interfaces to multiple 3rd party applications compatible with DirectShow on Windows, QuickTime on Mac OS X and V4L (Video4Linux) on Linux
- Great for recording video demonstration and training vignettes from iPad, computer with presentations, DVI/HDMI cameras, medical displays and many other applications
DVI2USB Solo is Epiphan's most compact DVI capture device. At a capture rate of 30 frames per second, DVI2USB Solo can capture resolutions up to 1920x1200 from HDMI and single-link DVI signals. For DVI/DVI Dual Link see DVI2USBDuo , for VGA and DVI see DVI2USB 3.0.
Unlike other capture solutions, DVI2USB Solo allows you to capture raw uncompressed video signals in 100% lossless quality. Whether you are capturing the output from the HDMI connector on a video or DSLR camera, or using DVI2USB Solo to record the images that appear on a DVI computer monitor, the output image will always be sharp.
Because DVI2USB Solo doesn't compress the image or video being captured, the user can select any CODEC to compress with on the computer being captured to. Free software is included with the DVI2USB in order to achieve this. Furthermore, as an external USB device, DVI2USB Solo is fully compatible with 3rd party software that supports video capture from external sources, such as Adobe Premiere, VirtualDUB, and Windows Media Encoder. Like all other Epiphan products, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS are fully supported.
If you need to capture images from a HDMI or single-link DVI source and maintain diagnostic-quality lossless images, then DVI2USB Solo is what you have been looking for.
DVI2USB Solo allows you to:
- Capture images from any single-link DVI source.
- Capture videos from the DVI source and save them as AVI files, .MOV when captured under OSX on a Mac.
- capture DVI from mini display port, display port and thunderbolt interfaces using the appropriate adapter.