Ever wished you could view full quality HDTV throughout your house without a closet full of equipment in every room? CMX84 integrates everything you need to distribute all your HDTV video and audio sources to all the displays throughout your home.
CMX84 is the most feature rich high performance matrix switch on the the market. We support more signal types than the competition, plus we offer unique features such as analog audio volume control and easy integration with external HDMI
The entire CMX product line offers unmatched upgrade capability. Please see our section on upgrades to learn more about how our switchers can meet all your future needs as well.
The CMX84 has the following features
1. 8 input sets, each includes the following
* HDTV component
* Composite video
* Digital audio Coax
* Digital audio TOSLINK / Optical (6 inputs)
* Analog audio R/L
2. 4 independently controllable output sets, each includes the following
* HDTV component video
* Digital audio Coax / RCA
* Digital audio TOSLINK / Optical
* Analog audio R/L
3. Each output type individually controllable (advanced mode) or linked (basic mode)
4. Full 256 step volume control on the analog audio outputs
5. Remote IR control with Zerokey code learning ability
6. RS-232 input for serial control
7. RS-232 output for expansion and HDMI matrix control
8. Flash based micro controller which allows firmware updates over the RS-232 port
9. Professional quality video amps capable of driving cables up to 300'
10. High quality Burr-Brown audio amplifiers on the analog audio outputs
11. Designed and tested to pass all video signals up to and including 1080p
12. Steel rack mountable case
13. Optional rack mounting earsFlexible control options
CMX84 can be controlled by several methods, you can choose the one the best fits your home theater control scheme.
1. Manual control using the front panel buttons
2. IR control using a programmable remote. You can download the Pronto codes needed here. The raw Hex format is here.
3. IR control using your standard remote. Zerokey can learn any remote keys to control CMX84
4. RS-232 control with a PC or your existing home theater controller.
Each output is individually switch-able. You can configure CMX84 in one of 2 control modes:
1. Basic mode: Component video, composite video, analog audio, and digital audio(coax/tos) switch together.
2. Advanced mode: Component video, composite video, analog audio, and digital audio(coax/tos) all are switched independently
CMX84 is the ideal amplifier for driving long video cables in your home. Many vendors claim their products can do this, but very few can accomplish this without distortion of the video. The most important amplifier design factors in driving long cables are source impedance matching, output connector quality, amplifier bandwidth, and amplifier current drive and slew rate. Our amplifier uses the best components for all these, resulting in the best signal distribution you can get. If you are interested in video distribution, please see our information page for more tips on optimizing your network for zero distortion.